Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Re: It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

Cause I wait for them to leave it first LOL It's a catch 22 or somehting like that

Advertisement

mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #12
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

I don't do the paypal thing anymore and I never will. I have a real merchant account to take CCs directly through an FDIC insured bank. There's no way for me to take somebody's money and run! I always ship with DC and insurance to canada as protection for myself but I ALWAYS send with some sort of tracking number.

Last edited by mom2kdmb; 05-26-2007 at 09:27 PM.
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #13
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrmluv View Post
And this is why, as a seller, I leave feedback as soon as payment is received.

I can see your point about not wanting to buy from someone with no feedback, but we do all have to start somewhere. I always look at feedback before I buy, and I only buy if I feel comfortable with it. If someone else is willing to buy from someone with no feedback, then that's up to them, I think. I don't factor in post count usually, some people aren't as chatty as others
I get that, BUT....
What if your a new person that just found DS, you look in diaper chatter and see all the pics of adroable babies in cloth, and you read about how this person got x cute diaper from FSOT and how that person got x cute woolies from FSOT.... so you head over to FSOT, look around and see a great deal on a diaper you want, so you pm the mama and buy it. My point is, I'm sure to newbies DS seems like a great community and when you first come here your not thinking about getting scammed, your thinking about getting the best deals. I agree it's not anyone elses job to make sure you are making smart online purchases but I think as a community it would be nice if we took steps to protect buyers from possible scammers. And seriously, as a new seller how hard is it to get a few feedback points by buying stuff or getting/giving stuff on FFS??? As a seller I would feel embarassed to try and sell a lot of $100+ diapers with 0 feedback and very few posts.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #14
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I kinda agree. I know when I came here I did have 100+ positive FB on Ebay so people felt okay buying from me. And I have obviously put time into DS (just look at my FB theres alot)

But I cant buy from someone with NO feedback ANYWHERE! I mean quite a few times since I've been here Banned members come back under different names & start selling and scamming again! I'd hate for me or other Moms to get scammed and get scammed over & over!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #15
mommyoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

Can I say this as a newbie to the site, and to cd.
I posted in here, to ask, because I wanted to be sure before I posted.
Nobody wants my items as nobody has responded, maybe its because im a newbie, maybe its because they dont like the items. Either way a newbie would have to start somewhere to get feedback in the first place.
I bought something from someone, (who had a few feedback) I want to buy more, but unforunately, cloth diapers arent inexpensive so you kind of have to do what you can do, and one thing is to try and sell what you have.
I'm not getting upset about it, but it kind of puts a newbie off for someone to say those things.
Just my thoughts.
Because where did you start when you joined and sold items?
mommyoftwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #16
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dont know it doesnt bother me. I personally won't buy from someone who has hardly any posts and no feedback but i do understand everyone starts out with no feedback i just cant afford to get scammed
Old 05-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #17
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwoboys View Post
Can I say this as a newbie to the site, and to cd.
I posted in here, to ask, because I wanted to be sure before I posted.
Nobody wants my items as nobody has responded, maybe its because im a newbie, maybe its because they dont like the items. Either way a newbie would have to start somewhere to get feedback in the first place.
I bought something from someone, (who had a few feedback) I want to buy more, but unforunately, cloth diapers arent inexpensive so you kind of have to do what you can do, and one thing is to try and sell what you have.
I'm not getting upset about it, but it kind of puts a newbie off for someone to say those things.
Just my thoughts.
Because where did you start when you joined and sold items?
When I started I had things I wanted to sell, but I waited until I had about 5 feedback ratings and 100 posts to try and sell anything. One of my first feedback raitings was left by someone who sent me something FFS, another because I bought a $3 item. And when I started to sell stuff I sold a few diapers here and there, I did not expect anyone to buy much from me. It took me a LONG time to build up feedback, and in the begining I would make sure I left it and make sure I asked for it if it was not left.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #18
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i agree with most of whats been said and disagree to a point. I hardly come here as DS is not my 24/7 home. So thus i dont have much feedback. I also donthave much feedback on Ebay because i have never sold anything and actually got scammed from someone who left me neutral feedback who is banned... but anyway... i do have feedback on other sites though. I admit I am a slllllloooooooooowwwww shipper. But it does annoy me when no one leaves feedback, i mean you can at least say " hey nice person" kinda thing.

to each their own though.

Jen

Last edited by Birdof1985; 05-24-2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: misspelling
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #19
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I get that, BUT....
What if your a new person that just found DS, you look in diaper chatter and see all the pics of adroable babies in cloth, and you read about how this person got x cute diaper from FSOT and how that person got x cute woolies from FSOT.... so you head over to FSOT, look around and see a great deal on a diaper you want, so you pm the mama and buy it. My point is, I'm sure to newbies DS seems like a great community and when you first come here your not thinking about getting scammed, your thinking about getting the best deals. I agree it's not anyone elses job to make sure you are making smart online purchases but I think as a community it would be nice if we took steps to protect buyers from possible scammers. And seriously, as a new seller how hard is it to get a few feedback points by buying stuff or getting/giving stuff on FFS??? As a seller I would feel embarassed to try and sell a lot of $100+ diapers with 0 feedback and very few posts.

I agree, we should all be aware of the risks, but I DID come here from Ebay with $100 worth of BG AIO's to sell. I was pulled in by the very sweet mommas here, and began asking questions, reading posts. I found out that there was plenty to love about cloth that I hadn't discovered and that I had tons of choices I had never imagined. My 9 bg's sold to some very nice mommas. Without them, I would have given up and gone right back to sposies. In fact, I was giving up when I came here. I just wanted to sell them and go buy a box of pampers. But because a few moms were willing to take a risk with me, I kept cd'ing and found a really great group of moms! Maybe you could suggest the ffs thing to that mom? I had no idea how this website worked when I came here, or just how extensive it was. My only experience was ebay. It never hurts to offer some advice.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #20
Diaper Change
Time for a Diaper Change
seller

My Mood:

I'm very grateful that I was able to use FSOT right away. I'm really pretty new here and I love it. I am just starting to use the chat forums more now though.Before I was using a very popular public forum to chat. Since I started cd'ing the FSOT is what I came here for. I do have great feedback on ebay so I think it was easier for me to start selling on here but for those who don't have FB anywhere I would think it may be difficult to start out here. On that note I do ask for feedback anywhere if they have none here I think it's more comforting, but I do know you gotta start somewhere!
Diaper Change is offline   Reply With Quote