Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #21
bethhill104
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

When I started I just did FFS few the first few posts and still try to on a semi regular basis. To do Freecycle you have to give first too. I don't think it should be required, but it is a great way to get feedback going.

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 07:00 AM   #22
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've only been here about 6 months, but I already have over 800 posts and I bought from 4 mamas before I ever tried to sell, so I know this doesn't apply to me; however, that being said, I can see people coming from Ebay now and starting to sell right away what with all the bs with used dipe sales not allowed, etc. How many people who have been here for a while got referred here as a place to sell used dipes and that's what got them sucked in? So I think it's perfectly normal to join a DSing community that has a FSOT forum expecting to be able to sell and trade immediately.

It would help if people who just joined would show where they have feedback in siggys, but when I started here I had no feedback anywhere, so I couldn't do that. And I am grateful to the mamas who gave me a chance anyways.

I have still bought more often than I have sold. And am still buying more than I sell, but I wouldn't be able to afford to do so if there weren't mamas who were buying from me. I understand the worry about getting scammed, but if there was a new mama on here with no feedback and few posts selling something I was going to buy anyways at a good price, I would probably buy it. I would just be quicker to file a claim with pp if I felt I was getting the run around KWIM?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #23
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just bought a lot of 12 dipes from an almost brand new mama-3 +fb...i just made sure to ask her to ship w/dc and since she was going to the PO to pm me the # asap she did and i looked it up and they have been scanned and shipped so no worries here....i will admit i was a little hesitant at first since it was $100 but it was also an awesome deal and i asked dh's opinion and he said to go for it and file w/pp if something happened:shrug: ill give new mams a chance, thats what pp protection is for
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #24
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

but paypal "protection" doesn't do ANYTHING if they clear out their account. And most of the "protection" only applies to Flea-bay.

I hate Flea-bay. And Pay-hell.

I am going to decline to offer an opinion on this right now, as I was recently scammed by a low-fb mama.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #25
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, after reading this I am a little nervous. I did not even look at feedback, and as a newbie I have made 4 (maybe 5) purchase in the last few days. I guess I am going to go look at feedback now...It just seemed like such a great site I was not thinking about being careful, my mistake i guess. Hopefeully it won't cost me!
sweety13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #26
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety13 View Post
Well, after reading this I am a little nervous. I did not even look at feedback, and as a newbie I have made 4 (maybe 5) purchase in the last few days. I guess I am going to go look at feedback now...It just seemed like such a great site I was not thinking about being careful, my mistake i guess. Hopefeully it won't cost me!
And not one person I have purchased from,( all my payments have been received), has left me feedback. I will leave it when my items arrive though
sweety13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #27
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx View Post
but paypal "protection" doesn't do ANYTHING if they clear out their account. And most of the "protection" only applies to Flea-bay.

I hate Flea-bay. And Pay-hell.

I am going to decline to offer an opinion on this right now, as I was recently scammed by a low-fb mama.
true but you can always pay w/a cc if you are really suspicious or just buy new from a store and not have to worry about it
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #28
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My account cycles with funded or cc. IF paypal had the option to choose funding source and select "cc" while there are funds in my account, no worries.. but they don't.

Please note, this is a Paypal issue that unfortunately impacts lowfb sellers. As is the faulty "protection" policy. And that is Paypal's fault, not the sellers. I do want to make that clear.

And whoa - there is no *way* I would have the kind of stash I do if we bought new LOL
Old 05-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwoboys View Post
Can I say this as a newbie to the site, and to cd.
I posted in here, to ask, because I wanted to be sure before I posted.
Nobody wants my items as nobody has responded, maybe its because im a newbie, maybe its because they dont like the items. Either way a newbie would have to start somewhere to get feedback in the first place.
I bought something from someone, (who had a few feedback) I want to buy more, but unforunately, cloth diapers arent inexpensive so you kind of have to do what you can do, and one thing is to try and sell what you have.
I'm not getting upset about it, but it kind of puts a newbie off for someone to say those things.
Just my thoughts.
Because where did you start when you joined and sold items?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenonyx View Post
My account cycles with funded or cc. IF paypal had the option to choose funding source and select "cc" while there are funds in my account, no worries.. but they don't.

Please note, this is a Paypal issue that unfortunately impacts lowfb sellers. As is the faulty "protection" policy. And that is Paypal's fault, not the sellers. I do want to make that clear.

And whoa - there is no *way* I would have the kind of stash I do if we bought new LOL
You could have a CC account and a funded account. I have two accounts, one that I use for paying with funded and one that I use for paying with CC. That way if I have the smallest doubt or am making a big purchase I just use my CC account (or if I don't have money in funded and don't want to take it out of the bank account I also use my CC account).