Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Eta- any experience with black and blue cohosh?

If you've used castor oil to induce labor, did it work? Did you have any complications?

I'm 40+5 and really thought baby was coming today. Thought we were gonna have an anniversary baby lol.

Our birth center can only deliver up to 41+5 and I'm completely terrified of going to the hospital. Reading on castor oil induction it mentioned a risk of baby passing meconium, which scares me. I have a friend who lost a baby from breathing that in.

My other option I know of would be them breaking my water. Other than that... Do I have any options?

I've tried walking 3miles one day, 2.5 hours another day. Nipple stimulation half the day today and sex. Planning on walking a lot tomorrow if nothing's happening.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by threelittlehoneys; 09-02-2013 at 10:51 AM.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Castor oil induction (and other natural induction methods)

Patience. Baby will come...you have a week yet

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I made the lasagna (Eggplant Parmesan) that's supposed to induce labour and it worked. I had it Sunday night (39 weeks) and had contractions all day Monday. They died out overnight. I ate it again on Tues night, contractions all night, baby was born Wednesday at 5:40pm. And it was soooo yummy. Also, both my babies had meconium in the water and the doctors/nurses/midwives were not too concerned. Babies were fine.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 08-30-2013 at 08:28 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I did castor oil with my first. Two words - never again!
It worked but made my contractions so painful because of intestinal cramping. No meconium passed, though.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried accupuncture/ accupressure? There is tons of info online and several friends have done it and swear it works.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #6
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After 4 kids, I learned that nothing will work unless baby is ready!
If your midwife is ok with breaking waters to get things going, I say go that route.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

is this your first?dilatetion? effacement? Walking helped me but 3 hours with the first as if I was trying to run keeping up after my brother as I was 1cm-3 cm & 30% for 3 weeks as I felt like I was running....and walked with my second a litle and it did the same and about the same specs but I think I was more effaced. Third here again walked some and was 70% effaced... I had to have all 3 waters broken nd a going off of the last that was all natural that if they beak waters isn't anything.

My thing I think was talking about getting stripped the like friday before with my last 2 kids and then the walking and then I had a baby before getting stripped.....

hot things I have heard don't help either so baby will come when they come...

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 08-31-2013 at 03:42 AM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I totally understand your desire to avoid the hospital ( i homebirth) but that is still pretty early. Moat natural induction methods will only work if you are very close to labor anyways. If you won't be able to use the birth center that sucks but then once that ship has sailed I would focus on letting your body go into labor exactly when its ready to reduce the chance of extra interventions at the hospital. Go tour it, find out their rules, make sure you have a plan. Just being at peace with the idea of going to the hospital might be enough to put you into labor. If you are feeling nervous and anxious I'm general that could be stalling labor.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

You've said you've been extra active trying to get labor going. Maybe try just relaxing and not thinking about it. Plan a fun family activity or a nice massage, relaxing bath.
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
I totally understand your desire to avoid the hospital ( i homebirth) but that is still pretty early. Moat natural induction methods will only work if you are very close to labor anyways. If you won't be able to use the birth center that sucks but then once that ship has sailed I would focus on letting your body go into labor exactly when its ready to reduce the chance of extra interventions at the hospital. Go tour it, find out their rules, make sure you have a plan. Just being at peace with the idea of going to the hospital might be enough to put you into labor. If you are feeling nervous and anxious I'm general that could be stalling labor.
Really good advice!
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote