Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Thanks mamas

I'm trying to be patient, my next appt is Tuesday (hopefully I won't need it) but I'm trying to decide what my course of action will be.

Tonight were going to make eggplant something or other, my midwives have a recipe they swear works(: I'm going to make some red raspberry leaf tea and maybe well try acupressure, epo on my cervix, etc.

Truth be told I have been feeling a lot of pressure. Not just for the 41+5 date... But my grandparents are in town as well as my grandmas sister whom I haven't seen in a decade. My plan was to avoid all family functions until baby came because of an aunt who causes my a ridiculous amount of stress... But it's my grandmas 65th and I pretty much have to go on Sunday...........
I'm really wondering if that's what holding everything up.
Of course there's no way to know for sure but I do feel like my body is ready. Both my other kids were born at 41 weeks exactly

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #12
court_ney12
Registered Users
seller

Following
court_ney12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

Made an eggplant parmesan last night, special recipe my midwives keep with a good record for putting women into labor. I'll have some for lunch too.... Pretty much have to force it down. I don't like eggplant lol!

Feeling discouraged.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #14
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Castor oil induction (and other natural induction methods)

pineapple is supposed to work. its delicious enough to try
Old 09-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Worked with my second. Went into labor hours after taking it
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It worked with my DD, but I had bloody show that night, so I decided some castor oil and walking would help it move along..it did. She was born the next night!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
I totally understand your desire to avoid the hospital ( i homebirth) but that is still pretty early. Moat natural induction methods will only work if you are very close to labor anyways. If you won't be able to use the birth center that sucks but then once that ship has sailed I would focus on letting your body go into labor exactly when its ready to reduce the chance of extra interventions at the hospital. Go tour it, find out their rules, make sure you have a plan. Just being at peace with the idea of going to the hospital might be enough to put you into labor. If you are feeling nervous and anxious I'm general that could be stalling labor.
I can definitely concur with this. I was super stressed the week of my edd and the week/2 after. I kept having short bouts of labor that would fizzle out. I finally had a break from the stress by solving a major issue (where we were going to live and birth the baby...lol long story short I'm now in a great live in nanny/room mate situation after being abandoned by family that promised some help).

She was born unassisted just days after moving into our new place and being able to relax. She was born at 42w3d (my other pregnancies were exactly 40w). I definitely considered castor oil, but all the anecdotes made me decide against. Too much bad to outweigh the few success stories. I was worried about how long I was going, but still confident it would work out ok.

Good news is that labor was super short fom all that pre-labor One full day of super mild contractions and less than an hour of serious labor after waterbreaking.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #18
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime.mommy

I can definitely concur with this. I was super stressed the week of my edd and the week/2 after. I kept having short bouts of labor that would fizzle out. I finally had a break from the stress by solving a major issue (where we were going to live and birth the baby...lol long story short I'm now in a great live in nanny/room mate situation after being abandoned by family that promised some help).

She was born unassisted just days after moving into our new place and being able to relax. She was born at 42w3d (my other pregnancies were exactly 40w). I definitely considered castor oil, but all the anecdotes made me decide against. Too much bad to outweigh the few success stories. I was worried about how long I was going, but still confident it would work out ok.

Good news is that labor was super short fom all that pre-labor One full day of super mild contractions and less than an hour of serious labor after waterbreaking.
Maybe after tonight I'll be able to chill a little more and something will happen

Old 09-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

I used caster oil with my 4rth because I was worried that I would go over 42 weeks, and I couldn't stay with my midwife. I was 41.5 weeks. (I always go around 42 weeks). The baby was fine. I did it two nights in a row. But I have no intention of trying that again. I definitely got regular contractions from it, but I'm not sure if that's what actually got labor going or not, because it kept trying to stop or spread back out, and by the time the baby came I was trying everything short of swinging from the rafters trying to keep it going, and it was stressful, and I think it really ruined a lot of the birth experience for me.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
threelittlehoneys
seller
seller

Any experience with black and blue cohosh? I think this is what they'll give me first tomorrow.