Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
AdinaP
Registered Users

My Alva "Big Baby" diapers have arrived

I posted a little while ago, conflicted about my purchase of cheap diapers (both due to being unsure about the quality/safety of the materials). They arrived today and I'm posting photos because one or two wanted to know about them. They seem HUGE, but that was the point, I guess because I'm part time cloth diapering a 2 year old.

The first photo is of the Alva big baby diaper next to a regular Babykicks. The second has the Babykicks on top of the Alva big baby one.

The fleece inner seems a little cheaper than the old Alva I have. But I have NOT washed it yet so maybe the backing will feel softer later. I have no idea. Plus they have that awesome chemically straight-from-the-factory scent. Okay I thought I could get photos uploaded, but it's not working. I'll try again in a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9694.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	152463   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9692.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	152464  

Advertisement

Last edited by AdinaP; 08-31-2013 at 10:03 PM.
AdinaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: My Alva "Big Baby" diapers have arrived

So what's the rise on these? 18"? 19"? To be honest, I've never had zny diapers that smelled "chemically"... Even other China cheapies. I have some cheap Pjs that smell like solvent when I pull them out of the dryer and it drives me nuts.
The fleece being cheaper is one of those things where you just get what you pay for...at least it's not exposed PUL.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
shutterhearts
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
So what's the rise on these? 18"? 19"? To be honest, I've never had zny diapers that smelled "chemically"... Even other China cheapies. I have some cheap Pjs that smell like solvent when I pull them out of the dryer and it drives me nuts.
The fleece being cheaper is one of those things where you just get what you pay for...at least it's not exposed PUL.
I thought I was the only one lol. My Rumparooz covers smelled more "chemically" than my Alvas and the Alvas I can only smell if I actually hold them to my face. But I haven't prepped them yet either.

But that is one big diaper lol. Hope it works out for you!
shutterhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

Hm... I don’t know how big the Babykicks are... Can you post a pic comparing it to another Alva?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

the rise is a little over an inch longer then a regular alva
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
AdinaP
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nangirl17 View Post
Hm... I donít know how big the Babykicks are... Can you post a pic comparing it to another Alva?
Once my other Alvas are clean, yes!
AdinaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
I have had literally hundreds of cloth diapers and only the 3 minky Alvas I had once upon a broke time smelled chemically. I am not saying this because I am opposed to the uber cheap chinese diapers (which I admit freely that I am) but because the really did smell even after several washes and I just was not comfortable keeping them.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
flylady0505
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaP
I posted a little while ago, conflicted about my purchase of cheap diapers (both due to being unsure about the quality/safety of the materials). They arrived today and I'm posting photos because one or two wanted to know about them. They seem HUGE, but that was the point, I guess because I'm part time cloth diapering a 2 year old.

The first photo is of the Alva big baby diaper next to a regular Babykicks. The second has the Babykicks on top of the Alva big baby one.

The fleece inner seems a little cheaper than the old Alva I have. But I have NOT washed it yet so maybe the backing will feel softer later. I have no idea. Plus they have that awesome chemically straight-from-the-factory scent. Okay I thought I could get photos uploaded, but it's not working. I'll try again in a bit.

Hi what is the waist size
flylady0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaP View Post
Once my other Alvas are clean, yes!
Thanks!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd love to know more about these, too. I am cloth diapering my 3 year old who is big for his age (he's 46 inches, 49 lbs and has a 26.5 inch waist).

mom to 3 girls and one little boy
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote