Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Team Green people...what about twins?

This is for people who have gone team green or plan on it. If you always find out the gender then of course you would find out in this case.

Our friends just announced they are due in March with twins. They did not find out the gender of their daughter and we were speculating if they'd find out with the twins. My MIL went team green with her first two but then when her twins came along (my DH being one of them), she said she just had to find out their genders because they were twins. DH and I have said in the past (during my second pregnancy actually) that even if it's twins we won't find out their gender. I just think of that moment when the midwife asked DH what Delaney was and he said "girl!" and then multiply it by two...

So, have you gone team green with twins or would you?

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Team Green people...what about twins?

I really wanted to be team green, but DP didn't--but as soon as I found out it was wins, I knew I wouldn't be able to, either. There were a lot of practical considerations, since we got loaded w/ "girly" gifts w/ DD, but now that I'm through the anatomy scan, perinatal consults, and genetic testing, I know we made the right choice in finding out, even if everyone we know thinks it is the funniest thing in the world that we're going to end up w/ 3 DDs
Old 09-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was team green with twins and loved it!!!! My babies are one month old and I can't explain how wonderful and exciting the delivery was with that surprise. We were so convinced that they were boys too But they came out girl! I love being team green and even after 28 ultrasounds, I never asked the dr what they were.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never found out baby's sex and won't with this baby, either, and I don't see why twins would really change that particular decision for me. From a practical standpoint, I'd just need more of what I already have--neutral baby clothes and gear. Plus, I'd need a lot more help postpartum--but that has nothing to do with sex of babies.

We also don't try to name babies in utero, so I don't think I would feel the need to have names settled either, and know if I needed one of each gender or two of the same gender names. "Baby A" and "Baby B" would work fine for me, though likely we'd be silly and change those to Baby Theta and Baby Lambda or something.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

We were planning on being surprised with our first, then found out it was identical twins. We found out gender because everything else was so overwhelming, with complications from twin to twin transfusion.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis514
I was team green with twins and loved it!!!! My babies are one month old and I can't explain how wonderful and exciting the delivery was with that surprise. We were so convinced that they were boys too But they came out girl! I love being team green and even after 28 ultrasounds, I never asked the dr what they were.
So cool! You are strong! I had a lot of ultrasounds too because of past health issues but not 28 and not with 2 babies in there! I had at least 10 with Delaney and people were amazed I held off on finding out. It got easier though. I had my eyes on the prize at the end! I've never known of anyone to go team green with twins...very neat!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We didn't find out with any of our three (number four in a few weeks!) and we wouldn't find out with twins either. It would be hard in a way, but also twice the anticipation and excitement.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didn't find out with our three older kids and hadn't planned to find out with the fourth pregnancy. But when we got to the anatomy scan and she said twins, we had her write it down that way we could open it if we wanted. We did open it and I'm glad we did.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I didn't find out with either of my girls. The first time I wanted to be old fashioned and be surprised. Ihad so much fun finding out at the birth that I wanted to do it again the second time.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We havent had twins but we didnt find out the gender of any of our 3 and I loved not knowing until baby day. I am 100% team green and wouldnt change it w/ twins. I think that would make team green even more exciting