Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

reflux and tight diapers - side snaps?

We took a very long break with cloth diapers to figure out my son's eczema. I *think* (hope!) I have that figured out, but I have a new problem. He has learned to sit up and loves it, but his reflux acts up constantly whenever he sits up in a cloth diaper. I can snap it super loose but its not a long term solution. Anyone have any experience? Would side snapping diapers help?

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and Nate (Mar 2013)

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
MomBecks
Registered Users

Re: reflux and tight diapers - side snaps?

Super stretchy fitteds like Sandy's with a wool soaker like Disana or Kissaluvs are great for sensitive tummies. And aio with stretchy side panels like Grovia or Simplex are good too.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Fitteds are great for this, wool covers too or fleece. Very flexible.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Sandys and wool! Great combo and the only thing my daughter ever slept in comfortably - she's 2.5 and still has mild reflux. She spits up a little every time she laughs too hard. LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

My missy doesn't have reflux, but I feel like things are too tight on her belly. I side pin my flats and WHs. We also have sandys which are great. I love my disana soakers and upcycled wool. They feel so comfy!
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pinning prefolds and pull on covers are nice.
For regular covers though, I have liked Thirsties Duos (size 2) with snaps, it is trim enough through the hips that I can snap it one snap looser than normal and it stays on fine.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

This is the main reason I did not CD my 5th. He spit up horribly every time he was in CDs. We did have fitteds and wool and I agree that is the best options for tummies, but he'd still spit up several times a day and get it on the wool and I was washing it all the time and burning out. In the end we chose to do sposies and lots of mix and match cotton clothing since we were changing outfits around 4-5 times a day. Carters pants like these were our favorites and very soft and non-binding. Just wanted to let you know I have been there and its not fun, but they do eventually outgrow it thank goodness!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver)O(Moon View Post
This is the main reason I did not CD my 5th. He spit up horribly every time he was in CDs. We did have fitteds and wool and I agree that is the best options for tummies, but he'd still spit up several times a day and get it on the wool and I was washing it all the time and burning out. In the end we chose to do sposies and lots of mix and match cotton clothing since we were changing outfits around 4-5 times a day. Carters pants like these were our favorites and very soft and non-binding. Just wanted to let you know I have been there and its not fun, but they do eventually outgrow it thank goodness!
We switched to sposies for a period of time too, we used gdiapers since they were very loose around the waste but still held really well. It did make a difference too. We didn't deal with spit up a majority of the time, mostly it was just a lot of silent reflux.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all the suggestions. Think I will go shopping tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys View Post
My missy doesn't have reflux, but I feel like things are too tight on her belly. I side pin my flats and WHs. We also have sandys which are great. I love my disana soakers and upcycled wool. They feel so comfy!
I am curious how the side pinning works for the workhorses. Those are by far our worst offender. If I keep them loose enough they slide right on off.

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and Nate (Mar 2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
lilmonksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Both our sons have had reflux. I do think side-snapping diapers help, but only ones with front elastic. The front elastic helps the diaper stretch when LOs move around and also allow you to snap the diaper loosely without it gaping open in the front. Some diapers I like with both side snaps and front elastic are: Sun Seedlings, Didadoodle Diaper Shop, Nanipoos, Green Acre Designs, and Knickernappies.
lilmonksmom is offline   Reply With Quote