Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
WhitneyBurchfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sunbaby leg leaks?

I've absolutely loved my Sunbabies....until now. I've noticed if I put my son in a Sunbaby and something that fits closely around the legs, like a onesie, the leg creases of the onesie are wet within an hour. I've tried using two inserts and using inserts made of different fibers, nothing seems to help. Do these just not fit my son right anymore? I have them on the smallest setting around the waist and on the second rise level since I have a long skinny dude. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? I'm at a loss because we never had problems like this until a month or so ago.

Advertisement

WhitneyBurchfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sunbaby leg leaks?

It's probably the stitching in the legs that is leaking. Try putting them in the dryer. These are known for doing this.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
WhitneyBurchfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I put them in the dryer every time I wash so I doubt that would help I'm at a loss
Old 09-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
March
Registered Users
seller

Onesies notoriously cause compression leaking. If the absorbency is saturated, the onesie is putting enough pressure on that absorbent fabric to wring it out and there's nowhere for that urine to go but out.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the exact same problem even when DD is not wearing a onesie. The leak is the worst when I'm using the original inserts and is not as bad when I use a wider, more absorbent insert.

I think the fit just isn't going to work for us anymore. Same problem with OS fb. In the meantime, Alvas work great since they finally fit around the legs. I think DD just needs diapers with wider crotch areas now.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
WhitneyBurchfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namiko
I have the exact same problem even when DD is not wearing a onesie. The leak is the worst when I'm using the original inserts and is not as bad when I use a wider, more absorbent insert.

I think the fit just isn't going to work for us anymore. Same problem with OS fb. In the meantime, Alvas work great since they finally fit around the legs. I think DD just needs diapers with wider crotch areas now.
This is my situation exactly! What inserts work for you? I'm either going to find something that works better or sell all my Sunbabies and buy more Flips and BGs.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did end up not using onesies once I started to cd. I only used them before that because my skinny boys had trouble keeping their sposies on- cd's fit much better.
When we tried sunbabies they leaked out the legs almost every time.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
Old 09-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Cbarnbox
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yep, I had horrible leaking/wicking problems with my sunbabies. I finally got rid of them because I was so frustrated, and now I am wary of any pocket dipes. We use prefolds/covers and best bottom system now and never have leaks at all!
Cbarnbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitneyBurchfield View Post
This is my situation exactly! What inserts work for you? I'm either going to find something that works better or sell all my Sunbabies and buy more Flips and BGs.
I've been using the wider alva microfiber inserts. The problem I think is that the sunbaby inserts are so skinny AND flimsy that they bunch up really easily. That's the way they are anyways when we have a bad leak. I've also heard of people stuffing them with flats but all my flats are too big to fit in these diapers. You could try a folded a receiving blanket....
Old 09-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namiko View Post
I've been using the wider alva microfiber inserts. The problem I think is that the sunbaby inserts are so skinny AND flimsy that they bunch up really easily. That's the way they are anyways when we have a bad leak. I've also heard of people stuffing them with flats but all my flats are too big to fit in these diapers. You could try a folded a receiving blanket....
I stuffed ours with our go to inserts- flip organics and they still leaked!