Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
amydiane
Registered Users

My Mood:
nighttime fitted suggestions?

I've been away from this board for quite some time as I've been pretty stashified, but my nighttime dipes are finally on their last legs, so I'm in need of new ones. I'd like to stick with bamboo fitteds. DD is almost 1 year old and I'm not sure of her exact stats but I'd guess about 20 lbs, maybe a little less. She often sleeps on her tummy, but not always. I've been looking at Sustainablebabyish OBF and EcoPosh bamboo fitteds but am open to other suggestions. Also, can anyone tell me about the insert on the EcoPosh? Is it all sewn together (and therefore slow to dry)?

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
hockeylovingmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: nighttime fitted suggestions?

I recently switched to OBF's for my heavy wetter, but before that I was using a sandy's (you can get bamboo) with a thirsties hemp insert (no reason why you couldn't use a bamboo insert) and it worked pretty well.
hockeylovingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
seacat
Registered Users
seller

We use sbish's obf and love it. I've used them for three years, two kids and nothing works better for us. That said I've tried ecoposh. It's a pocket fitted and the insert comes out, so it doesn't take forever to dry. It ran really small though and felt stiff (stiffer than an obf).
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not a fan of sbish obf's b/c they always felt so wet on DD's bum in the am. I like Pianissimo cloth, I prefer CV and then I put a sbish doubler between the soakers for nights. Perfect night diaper for us!
megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs715
I'm not a fan of sbish obf's b/c they always felt so wet on DD's bum in the am. I like Pianissimo cloth, I prefer CV and then I put a sbish doubler between the soakers for nights. Perfect night diaper for us!
We don't really like sbish either. Dd can wet through it in 45 mins.

Still looking for the best fitted for nighttime as we are still in sposies at night
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
amydiane
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
That said I've tried ecoposh. It's a pocket fitted and the insert comes out, so it doesn't take forever to dry.
Right, but is it a single insert that's 6-7 layers and sewn together all the way around? My current dipes are at least that many layers total, but it's several inserts that either snap together or are just sewn to each other on one short side.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
mblicious
Registered Users

What's CV? I'm also looking for a new night time diaper. Our cloth prefolds are great but either need a good doubler or a good AIO. TIA!
mblicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #8
lavatea
Registered Users
seller

Cotton velour, I think.

Pianissimo's were working for us for night, but lately DS has been soaking through those as well. I'm at a loss b/c he takes sposies off and then just pees straight on the bed.

Someone elsewhere suggested letting him potty before going to bed, but he's just at the playing stage on the potty. He'll sit there for approximately 5 seconds before wiggling down and asking to take a bath, lol.
lavatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #9
Cbarnbox
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We use the bamboo Sandies with a bamboo liner and love them. they stay oh so nice and soft and squishy! We did have to move DS up to the larges pretty much as soon as he hit the bottom of the weight range for absorbency (got tired of stuffing extra doublers inside) but he is now 12 months old and 21 lbs and the large fits with room to spare and absorbency to spare for now. I use the smalls as day diapers under wool now so I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of them.
Cbarnbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
3rugrats
Registered Users
seller

I've used SBish fitteds, and they are wonderful, such an absorbant diaper. I wasn't too impressed w/ its lifetime though. Mine started getting holes in less than a year, and I used it in a rotation of 4-5 nitetime dipes. Now, we use Sandies bamboo fitteds w/ a stay dry liner and a disana cover. I love them! Sandies are so great. We are using the toddlerease size for my 35pd DS. I sized him up from Sandies larges at about 33ish pds. Highly recommend them for price and absorbancy when paired w/ a liner.
3rugrats is offline   Reply With Quote