Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: How do you know when your child is ready for toddler bed?

With DS1 he was so tall I had to move him at 15 months old to not have him fall out. He did great. I put a gate up in his room so that he could not get out and be safe in the morning.

I moved DS2 to his toddler bed at 15 months old when DS3 was born. DS3 slept in the PNP bassinet. He did fine in it as well when he actually slept. He was moved to a twin at 18 months as we needed the crib back for DS3 who hated cosleeping.

DS3 never had a toddler bed. He went right to a twin at 18 months.

DS4 still cosleeps with us with his crib side carred to the bed. We will not move him till he is night weaned from nursing. I plan to use a toddler bed in our room for awhile as the older boys break down the gate now.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
aries416
Registered Users
seller

DD was a terrible sleeper, so at 13 months I put her in a twin in an effort to get her sleeping a little better and away from me. We actually bought bunk beds and separated them, so her bed was essentially fully contained (top bunk). It worked well.

DS was just a different kid and I moved him to that bed around 2.

Bedtime gets SO much easier for us in some ways because we can lay with the kids in the twin bed to get them to sleep.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
some say when they crawl out but mine won't do that., sure mainly sleeps on floor..... sometimes in hey beef. my oldest was ok in regular twin but middle cried falling out so we did toddler.... start before baby comes of you want to do it as we tried and then after baby came toddler wanted back.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I move mine when they able to obey the rule to stay in their bed consistently and without issue, This was 2y5m -2y8m for my three boys.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS1 was 3. We tried when he was 2 but he wouldn't stay in bed even when we sat in there. He would be awake until 2 am and still wake up at 6:30 and be horribly cranky all day. At 3 he would listen and stay in bed. DS2 was 2. He wasn't awake when I got up to shower but when I got out he had gotten his leg stuck in between the slats and was super upset. He has such fat legs I had trouble getting him unstuck so I switched him over to a toddler bed that day. He did fine and usually stays in bed at night.
Teddyandnick is online now   Reply With Quote