Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
FrogyDuckyPuppy
Registered Users
seller

Beco Baby Carriers - Comparison

Can someone tell me the difference between the Beco 4G, Butterfly 2, Gemini and the Soleil?

I'm sure there must be something online that compares all 4, but I keep hearing such good things about the discontinued 4G. I wonder how it compares to the discontinued Butterfly 2 and the new Soleil?

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

No, sadly there is nothing exactly like the 4g. for me, the straight waist, not too bulky shoulder straps, the ability to cross the straps for a front carry and the dual adjustable side straps are absolute musts for me.

The Gemini is very narrow, the butterfly 2, I found bulky bcc of the internal harness. The soliel, if I recall, doesn't have dual adjust side straps and had a curved waist. It's the biggest of the carriers. I, myself just buy 4th generations second hand bc I haven't had luck finding a comparable substitute
Old 09-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
FrogyDuckyPuppy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma
No, sadly there is nothing exactly like the 4g. for me, the straight waist, not too bulky shoulder straps, the ability to cross the straps for a front carry and the dual adjustable side straps are absolute musts for me.

The Gemini is very narrow, the butterfly 2, I found bulky bcc of the internal harness. The soliel, if I recall, doesn't have dual adjust side straps and had a curved waist. It's the biggest of the carriers. I, myself just buy 4th generations second hand bc I haven't had luck finding a comparable substitute
Thanks Mama! I just got a second 4th Gen off another mama and am super excited about getting it. So I am basically trying to make sure I made the right decision I saw a random new 4g on eBay - it was natural and dyable - but I didn't win it.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
FrogyDuckyPuppy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma

And I agree with you- adjustable side snaps and cross straps are a must for me now
Old 09-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

The only thing that seems comparable is the angelpack max but that is for toddlers only and it also looks like a curved waistband.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
FrogyDuckyPuppy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Beco Baby Carriers - Comparison

I'm having a smaller baby so I'm hoping this 4G that's on it's way to me will work. Did I need to get an infant insert for it? Did it even come with one? I wasn't baby wearing when the 4Gs came out so I'm not very familiar with it's accessories.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

They don't. You can always roll up a receiving blanket under the baby to support them. I usually started with the 4g about 2 months bc I have a small bodied mei tai I like for squishes
Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
FrogyDuckyPuppy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Beco Baby Carriers - Comparison

Thanks Mama! I'll just roll up a blanket for now or use the Moby wrap (although the stretchy fabric makes me nervous).
Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #9
FrogyDuckyPuppy
Registered Users
seller

Got all the info I needed thanks! Please delete!