Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When to start using bed sheets?

I've always put top sheets on the bed when they moved to a toddler bed. During colder months, I use flannel or microfiber sheets with a fleece blanket and comforter. I tuck the ends in at the bottom because that's how I make beds.

Advertisement

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #12
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

We don't use flat sheets at all. I hate them and find them unnecessary. We don't even own any for the twin size needs, we only own them for ores because our sheet sets come with them.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
risata
Registered Users
seller

DD1 has always had both sheets. 4 years later she still always kicks off all her covers but if she gets cold she wakes up enough tocover herself up. DD2 is in crib w/side off. She never keeps a blanket on. In winter both are dressed warmly @ night & we run a space heater in their room.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #14
risata
Registered Users
seller

Oh & i tuck flat sheet in at the bottom so all DD1 does in the a.m. is pull it up. It rarely comes untucked.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

DS has had a top sheet since he moved to a twin bed several months before turning 3. He uses the sheet and a quilt and does not kick them off at night.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kaydncolt View Post
We don't use flat sheets at all. I hate them and find them unnecessary. We don't even own any for the twin size needs, we only own them for ores because our sheet sets come with them.
We goodwill all of ours. It's just extra laundry IMO, I just don't see the point. We wash our bedding at minimum every other monday. One monday for the kid's bedding ours the next. So I suppose my answer is never? My kids kick off their blankets anyway usually.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We all use fitted sheet plus twin comforters with duvet covers. My daughter likes to be more straightened out, so she likes her comforter tucked into the bottom of her bed.
They have had this system since they moved into there own beds.

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kaydncolt
We keep them as sick blankets. Sick kids in this house get set up on the couch and I've always covered and tucked it in with a flat sheet. It also makes a good indoor picnic blanket when you have company and need somewhere for kids to sit.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #19
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We only use flat sheets here, sometimes fleece blankets on top. It is hot here so there is no need for heavy blankets even in winter. Quilts seem pretty excessive when it is hot out the majority of the year. The boys co-slept for quite a while so they used a flat sheet in my bed starting around 9months to 1 year. There has never been an issue. I do not thorough tuck them in, just lay the sheet over them and let them sleep.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kaydncolt View Post

Okay sounds like we should just try and see how it goes. thanks everyone.

To Mom above, If you use a comforter that is too big to easily wash in a standard size washer, top make since because it keeps the comforter cleaner. My SIL doesn't like top sheets either but it wigs me out when there isn't one on a guest bed because how often does one clean a comforter really.

If you use blankets instead and wash them regularly then yes I could see top sheets not mattering. Though I would still use one because I like to be covered with something and if its really hot a sheet is enough, even if its literary just over my midsection (because my shoulders and feet are too hot) it still makes me more comfortable.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote