Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
Ber10512
Registered Users
seller

Your Favorite DIYs for your LO?

By favorite I mean most proud of, most useful, biggest money saver, etc. I've been making a list of items I want to make for my baby while I'm pregnant (or eventually while I'm trying out the SAHM mom thing) and Id love to see your projects! Post pics if you've got em!

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your Favorite DIYs for your LO?

Diapers and wipes to start!

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your Favorite DIYs for your LO?

I've made some pants and inserted elastic into ready to wear pants for my very thin son. I make our food from scratch, including what we called baby food. We have apples that I process into lots of apple sauce. I didn't make my kids' diapers or wipes, but I line dried them. I also make play dough and rainbow rice and made finger paint once too. I guess I've done a bunch of stuff, but the thing I'm most proud of is making the pants because I only learned how to sew 6 months ago, and my new, low end Brother sewing machine cost me $40.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
Ber10512
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle
I also make play dough and rainbow rice and made finger paint once too. I guess I've done a bunch of stuff, but the thing I'm most proud of is making the pants because I only learned how to sew 6 months ago, and my new, low end Brother sewing machine cost me $40.
Thanks for sharing! I look forward to the crafty stuff with my LO when he's older, I always loved stuff like that with my mom. I have a low end brother, too - for probably 5-6 years now, and it's still going strong!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have a book called Do It Yourself Early Learning. Awesome ideas. PVC pipes can be cut into short 2" sections and attached with elbows/tees/connector pieces for cheap 'erector ' sets. I turned a 2'x2' board into a peg board by drilling holes every inch (small pilot holes) then hammering in roofing nails and using rubber bands from grocery store produce. 12' of Velcro gardening ties can be purchased for much cheaper than specialty craft store Velcro, and then cut into different length pieces. They can be stuck on flannel board, or just stuck together to make letters, shapes, etc. Measuring tapes (cloth, not metal) and levels are fun toys at our house. A peg board can be turned into a sand/water fall by attaching cups, funnels, pipes to the pegs and rearranging them. I've been meaning to attach a cheap mailbox and a wireless doorbell to a wall in our playroom, for playing house. Popsicle sticks with Velcro or little magnets glued on each end. Or a small hole drilled in the ends, and bolts and nuts. I have a flat 2x2 board in our playroom, sanded smooth, for doing puzzles, a flat place to build blocks (if table tops are dirty), or for propping up and rolling balls, whatever the kids can imagine,

Just walk through Lowes or a Home Depot and see what strikes you.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote