Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
mkrisel
Registered Users

Rash Vent

Really would love any advice, but mostly just venting.
Our 10 month old has a very mild case of perioral dermatitis that just won't go away. After over a month of a very mild rash I took her in to the pediatrician. First diagnosed as impetigo and a antibiotic ointment. It got worse so back we went. Took her to a dermatologist at Children's Hospital and diagnosed as perioral dermatitis. The pediatrician had thought that was a possible diagnosis, but was hesitant because she was so young (rash started at 7 months). After two weeks of a different antibiotic ointment it's not looming much better, so two weeks or oral antibiotics. When we stopped them, still a few bumps so another week of the ointment. 24 hours off the ointment and under her eyes is red, there is a bump under her eye and s few on her chin. So I'll be calling the doctor again on Monday. The most annoying part is this is such a mild rash, but it will NOT go away! It's been 3 months since it showed up.

Advertisement

mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is it bothering her?
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Food sensitivity?
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rash Vent

pic?

pearl like? could be mulloscum or like.. as I found out mulluscum can be 6-12 months up and down and as it is a virus ...no real need to anibiotics.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rash Vent

That rash is primarily centered right around the mouth. Is that the presentation she has?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
mkrisel
Registered Users

Her rash started around her mouth and then spread to under her eyes. It's under her eyes that has been the worst and where it is coming back the most. It's red under both her inner eyes (many people say she's tired, but it's the rash). She has a bump (looks almost like a small whitehead) under her outer eye and a few bumps on her chin. The bumps showed up later on in the rash development.
It's not bothering her as far as I can tell. There was a point where she seemed to be rubbing her eyes.
I don't think it's a food sensitivity. It's doesn't seem to be related an she eats a wide variety of foods.

Thanks for all the ideas!
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote