Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Need advice on cloth diapering twins...

I need some advice... we are about to have twins in a few weeks and I have no diapers for them. I gave away all my newborn/small organic diapers when our youngest was born. Someone recently gave me a stash of Bummis Super lites, but we cant use them since polyester makes my kids break out in a rash (on top of it being a petro-chemical and we dont support that industry). I have been searching for months to try and get a stash for our new ones, but I am in the middle east currently (trying to help the social situation over here in any way that I can), and jobs arent that easy to get this side of the world, making it super hard to buy anything for the new ones. My parents are in Pittsburgh and have been picking up newborn clothing for me from the local freecycle, but I am starting to get stressed out about the diaper situation. Any ideas on what I can do? (you can email me at, Im new to this site and not really that good at finding my way around...)

4GreenBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
The eaisest and least expensive would be cotton flats and no cover or some in wool since you don't want petro stuff.
First girl born 10/31/09 6lb14oz
Second girl born 7/3/12 - 4 weeks early-only 1 week in the NICU
Swag with me - Zoombucks!
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Need advice on cloth diapering twins...

I never had twins, but did have babies one year apart, and I swear by the old-fashioned flats, pins, and rubber pants method! Economical, versatile, practical, reliable.

As an alternative to old-fashioned plastic-rubber pants, waterproof nylon varieties/versions are available nowadays, so definitely check into that option if using the old doesn't appeal to you.

Add in a plastic diaper pail for storing the wet and dirties, and you'll be set!
Ouch! is offline   Reply With Quote