Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Want to talk Christmas?

Christmas is going to be here before we know it! Anyone else started shopping? Do you know what your kids are getting? Share those lists!

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Want to talk Christmas?

I <3 some Christmas!! I have not started shopping yet, but I'm sure looking at decorations
I think when Walmart starts their Christmas lay-a-way in October [I think?], I'm going to shop. I do like online shopping too, so I'll probably do that as well.
Do you do Black Friday? I'm not big into that. But I think that's when I'll do the onlne shopping.
Terra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I got my daughter a few things during the Target clearance sale and some nice christian books for family that were on clearance at the fmaily christian store. Other than that almost everyone else gets gift cards... it is so annoying. I feel like we just pass money in a circle - here is your $50 giftcard, thank you for my $50 gift card... Wish we could just skip out on christmas!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I don't start shopping until November.

Lots of Legos this year. A few bitty babies, probably a mac desktop for my 15 year old, some tegu blocks, a trike for the little one. Not sure what my oldest wants hoping to get some lists done by mid October.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
BellaPepper
Registered Users
seller

I always want to talk Christmas! I already got all 3 kids one gift each. The two big girls are getting scooters from Mommy, compound bows from Daddy, and I plan to make them a portable art case. I will be making new nightgowns and slippers for Christmas Eve too.

The baby is getting a wooden rocking motorcycle that I scored at a yard sale and I don't know what else yet......he will be almost 2 at Christmas.
BellaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have been slowly collecting a few gifts for my son and stowing them in the closet for Christmas. So far, I have a wooden workbench and toolbox set that I bought gently used, Melissa and Doug Sort and Snap Color Match from Marshall's, and a brand new Imaginarium wooden train set that I bought from a local Facebook buy & sell group. I'm about $55 in right now and will probably spend about $100 more. I have a list of ideas that I am keeping. It is crazy how fast Christmas sneaks up on you!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Alex-
Want - Mario figure set ( already have )
Need - Dino hat (have ) and PJS
Play - Mario tic tac toe ( already have )
Read - Eyes on nature - Sea creatures ( have ) and Dangerous creatures ( have )
Santa - Skate board ( already have )
Stocking - done

Destiny -
Want - Scentsy warmer and bars for room ( have )
Need - Hello kitty hat ( already have ) and shoes ( have )
Play - Puzzle ( already have )
Read - 5 min princess stories
Santa - Hello kitty stuff - have
Stocking - done

Kairi -
Want - Tote full of coloring/art supplies ( have )
Need - Warm shirts ( have )
Play - bead lacing set ( have )
Read - Story book ( have )
Santa - Read with me violet ( have )
Stocking - done

Amelia -
Want - doll ( have )
Need - outfit - ( have )
Play - doll house stuff ( have)
Read - storybook
Santa - toy laptop ( have )
Stocking - done

Other family -
DH -Kindle ( have )
Books ( have )
Mug

Mom - Button wall art

Dad- GC

Sister, brother, bil - GCs

Nephew - books and ball popper

nephew - ?

niece - ?

MIL - Radio

FIL - sugar free home made goodie

Grandparents - ?

Last edited by whitneywalters; 11-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.
whitneywalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I <3 some Christmas!! I have not started shopping yet, but I'm sure looking at decorations
I think when Walmart starts their Christmas lay-a-way in October [I think?], I'm going to shop. I do like online shopping too, so I'll probably do that as well.
Do you do Black Friday? I'm not big into that. But I think that's when I'll do the onlne shopping.

I do not black friday but I will online shop. I shop slowly through out the year and then finish out my husband's Christmas bonus ( he gets two wks before Christmas ).

I think walmart layaway starts in two days!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

American girl dolls from the crazy good sale last year (I had already finished shopping last year when that deal popped up). I have some books and Pj's put away bought on sales last year. I haven't done any shopping yet this year. No clue what to get my oldest. The littles are easy and black Friday is when most of my shopping is done.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

I'm about 2/3 of the way done with gifts and about 90% done with stockings. And Santa got the kids the entire set of Magic School Bus on DVD already. He's way ahead of the game. lol

My basic goal this year is:

Something educational - puzzles, board games etc.
something they want
a dress up set each
a pair of pj's made by me

So far I have:

Kayd:
I'm pretty sure I have a game or puzzle in my bin already but I can't for the life of me think what it is.
Thinking about doing an erector set - dh thinks that's a bad idea. We might do something Lego instead.

Colton:
I spy board game
Kre-o transformer's building blocks (compatible with lego)

Sawyer:
spiderman floor puzzle
haven't bought yet but he wants a remote control car so I'm eyeing those on amazon and keeping my eyes open for price drops or sales on zulily etc.

Sierra:
princess dominoes
an arts and crafts basket - she LOVES coloring and stickers etc. I've got this mostly bought for.

Baby:
peek a boo fabric book that I'll make her
a skirt or dress that I will make her

The kids as a group are getting a leapster 2 and a bunch of games I bought second hand.

I love black Friday shopping but I don't know if I'll do it this year. We'll see where I'm at with my shopping and what kinds of things they have on sale. We'll also see how I've recuperated and how the baby is doing at that point, it's about two months after she'll get here.

Not totally sure what I'm doing for DH. We usually try to get each other something small and do something home made. And I haven't settled on a gift for our parents or my sister and her family. We don't have a lot of budget. The grandparents prefer they're usual gift of a picture calendar but if I can't find a deal good enough that won't be happening this year. And for my sister I like to do a family gift. Last year I did a movie night basket - microwave popcorn, a gift card to the local movie rental place, etc. I kept the cost under 15.00 total and the whole family could enjoy. I've had a few ideas for their gift this year but none of them are coming to mind right now. I will probably make my 6yr old sister a skirt or dress.