Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Want to talk Christmas?

Um, I'm done Well, actually I need to buy 2 more things for sure, and an additional 3 maybe. We do the something they want, need, wear read. Plus a big item from Santa (just one) and stockings.

Jordan (will be almost 6)
Want-Lego Mini-Figure Set (still need to buy this...waiting for the price to drop back down on Amazon. Already have more than enough Amazon credit to pay for it, just have to click 'order')
Need-Bean Bag Chair for the play room (they have nowhere to sit except the floor to watch movies)...got an AMAZING deal on these!
Wear-An awesome Monster Cape my bff found for me (they don't need any clothes at all)
Read-This is the only grey area. If DH can start work sooner rather than later, this will be a Kindle. If not, it will be the Magic Treehouse books 5-8.
Santa-the new T-Rex Switch-N-Go Dino (the big one)

Logan (will be 4)
Want-Marvel Heroes set (he has an obsession with Iron Man right now lol)
Need-Bean Bag Chair for the play room (they have nowhere to sit except the floor to watch movies)...got an AMAZING deal on these!
Wear-An awesome Monster Cape my bff found for me (they don't need any clothes at all)
Read-This is the only grey area. If DH can start work sooner rather than later, this will be a Kindle. If not, it will be some early reader books.
Santa-a GIANT teddy bear from Costco (still need to buy this...just waiting for Costco to get them in)

Connor (will be 2.5)
Want-Slinky Dog (from Toy Story)
Read-This is the only grey area. If DH can start work sooner rather than later, this will be a Kindle. If not, it will be board books or something.
Santa-My Pal Scout

For Stockings, they each get a new toothbrush, toothpaste, bath scrubbie, underwear, activity books, pencils and a couple small toys (Legos for DS1, wooden trains for the other 2).

Baby isn't getting anything as of now.

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My girls don't really want anything big this year so DH & I are a bit clueless. We have considered booking a last minute December disney cruise. If we book while onboard our 7 night Western Caribbean this fall we'll save 10% and earn an OBC.

But I'm not sure what this upcoming IVF schedule will look like (we could start in 2 weeks or not until Nov). I don't mind taking drugs while traveling, but I won't travel before 10-12 weeks or be more than an hour away from a good NICU after 22-24 weeks. This year might have to be all about the presents, if we get a BFP before x-mas.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post
I do not black friday but I will online shop. I shop slowly through out the year and then finish out my husband's Christmas bonus ( he gets two wks before Christmas ).

I think walmart layaway starts in two days!
Oh my stars, really?? Hmmm, I think I know what I'm doing THIS weekend now! Thanks.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #14
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The boys are getting the Imaginext castle to share for their room and then they will each get some accessories. DH is already having fun playing with it at the store, but we won't be buying it for a while since it is large to store. Not sure about agent P. I'd like to get her some cute waldorfy things, but not sure what yet.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Belbaby3728
Banned

I was just telling Dh today we need to think about what we are getting dd this year (and her bday is the 26th of Dec) and start shopping so we are done by early November as newbie is due Dec 31st but dd came 5 weeks early so would like to be prepared incase newbie follows dds footprints

I am thinking legos, some building blocks/puzzles, probably more crayons and sketch pads, some clothes I'm sure. She (and newbie if here) will get alot from family too so we try and not get as much
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Oh my stars, really?? Hmmm, I think I know what I'm doing THIS weekend now! Thanks.
The 13th

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Layaway/10..._redirect=true
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #17
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm due on Christmas so I'm almost done, including extended family! The local co-op group I'm in ran Melissa & Doug and the stuff just came in this week. I think they are still running it here but it was nice to not have to pay shipping. So far I have my 2 nieces done, my sister done, my BIL done, My kids could be done but odds are I'll pick up a few things here and there. For those considering the Kindle, we got one for our son last year and it has been the best investment! He's got math fact games and tons of books, he can watch netflix, and the settings allow us to say how long for each thing. I would HIGHLY recommend it. One thing we are doing for ds1 (my fishing obsessed son) is the mystery tackle box. He gets a box of tackle each month, it is $15 a month but the first month is $5 and He will just love it! My 2 year old already gets Citrus Lane so we are sticking with that. I'm considering a couple others for the 6 year old and might do cotton booty for the baby. Gift cards will be the gift of choice for all of dh's family and he'll pick those up. And my grandma wants a scentsy buddy that I'll be buying with an order this month. So, pretty much DONE! Yay!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Have not started shopping but have thought it over. We aren't doing much this year. New Corolle babies, art supplies, and a doll house are things we are considering as gifts.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 09-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm done, finished last week. Ds1 - joyride bike, transformer Legos, telescope and microscope. For stockings they get books. Ds2 - joyride bike, 2 board games and butterfly house. Dd - personalized wooden teether, soft soled shoes, haba doll. For her stocking she is getting a sock monkey. DH - Italian made watch. Me - nice pair of leather shoes.

Sent from iPhone while nursing
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
Um, I'm done Well, actually I need to buy 2 more things for sure, and an additional 3 maybe. We do the something they want, need, wear read. Plus a big item from Santa (just one) and stockings.

Jordan (will be almost 6)
Want-Lego Mini-Figure Set (still need to buy this...waiting for the price to drop back down on Amazon. Already have more than enough Amazon credit to pay for it, just have to click 'order')
Read-This is the only grey area. If DH can start work sooner rather than later, this will be a Kindle. If not, it will be the Magic Treehouse books 5-8.
Santa-the new T-Rex Switch-N-Go Dino (the big one)

Logan (will be 4)
Want-Marvel Heroes set (he has an obsession with Iron Man right now lol)
Read-This is the only grey area. If DH can start work sooner rather than later, this will be a Kindle. If not, it will be some early reader books.
Santa-a GIANT teddy bear from Costco (still need to buy this...just waiting for Costco to get them in)

Connor (will be 2.5)
Want-Slinky Dog (from Toy Story)
Read-This is the only grey area. If DH can start work sooner rather than later, this will be a Kindle. If not, it will be board books or something.
Santa-My Pal Scout

For Stockings, they each get a new toothbrush, toothpaste, bath scrubbie, underwear, activity books, pencils and a couple small toys (Legos for DS1, wooden trains for the other 2).

Baby isn't getting anything as of now.
Say, what?! Wow.. I'm speechless. You're done?!

I am such a slacker when it comes to Christmas. I seriously wait way too long and every year I say I'm going to tackle it sooner, but nope. I never do. We also do the want, need, wear, read thing, as well as a stocking.