Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #21
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Haven't gotten into the shopping yet, but my kids gifts are planned. Rather than buying a bunch of toys, I'm getting them one big thing each.
Ds is getting a train table and dd is getting a barbie dream house.
Santa will bring one or two small items. I already have a Cinderella wedding veil i got for dd when disney store was having a sale, and I'll probably get ds a wooden Thomas since he only has a plastic one that doesn't have the magnets to attach to his other trains.

Dh has a large family and i haven't even started thinking about them yet lol

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #22
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Want to talk Christmas?

I have extended family and my husband also. I just want to get the kids done first.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The3LittleBerkhs

Say, what?! Wow.. I'm speechless. You're done?!

I am such a slacker when it comes to Christmas. I seriously wait way too long and every year I say I'm going to tackle it sooner, but nope. I never do. We also do the want, need, wear, read thing, as well as a stocking.
I seriously start having anxiety attacks around August if I haven't started. Happens every year, but I always manage to get everything without affecting the regular budget much at all.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #24
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters
I have extended family and my husband also. I just want to get the kids done first.
I'm lucky in the 'other family' area. We are the only ones with kids on DHs side, so the adults (his siblings and their SOs) draw names and each only buy for one person. We still need to buy those, but that'll be easy. The people DH and I have both want gift cards lol

On my side, there are 10 little kids (I have 5 siblings...4/6 of us have kids). We draw names for the kids, and the adults don't buy for each other at all except my 2 youngest brothers each just buy for the other. We figured that's the most fair way since they don't have kids.

For DHs parents this year, the only thing his mom wants is a nice pic of all 6 of them (he also has 5 siblings lol). We decided we're going to also give her nice pics of us and the kids. His dad like sentimental stuff, so pictures for him too.

My dad always insists we don't get him anything, but he will also be getting pictures.

My mom and stepdad will get pictures in addition to all the kids chipping in to get them a gift certificate toward a new hot tub cover.

Everyone else just gets bake goods (which I find are very well received lol) I already have a whole shelf in my pantry dedicated to all the ingredients...I've been stocking up for weeks.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH family draws names too, among my FIL, MIL, BIL, me and DH and their cousin. Unfortunately, since we no longer have to buy everyine something, we have to buy one person a $150 something. We pull names and each person has a wish list. so it's kinda good cause we know we're getting something we want, but the limit sucks cause together me and DH spend $300.

he also has a bunch of young counsins, so we have about 8-12 kids we have to buy for. (some we dont always see, but do see for holidays-so I usally have to get soemthibg small, as they do for my kids)
Old 09-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #26
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes! I have been starting to think Christmas...wishing I got started sooner. Whitney, I'm going to steal your template for DS. I know family will get him tons of stuff, I don't want to overdo it.
Charlie (DS) - these are ideas...don't actually have anything yet
Want -
Need -
Play - Thinking an easel if I can find one. He has been coloring on the walls :/
Read - Going to try to get a couple of the classics we don't have yet, Maurice Sendak, Dr seuss, etc...
Santa -
Stocking - crayons, coloring book,

other people:
SO
DN
SIL1
SIL2
MIL
sister- clothes
brother- sweatshirt and powermat charger thing
grandma

I usually make a big batch of peppermint bark for people who I don't do/find gifts for.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

I'm just super excited to decorate for both Halloween and Christmas this year, because two weeks ago, we moved into a new house with a fire place!!!
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #28
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksMama View Post
I'm just super excited to decorate for both Halloween and Christmas this year, because two weeks ago, we moved into a new house with a fire place!!!
oh wow congrats! that's so exciting! you get to actually hang stocking by the fire place!

My FIL built one out of wood and painted it to hang stockings. I live in Hawaii. Fire places are not common here.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #29
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:

Edit: Well, my oldest doesn't want what I've had stashed back all year. That's fine...I managed to order her what she did want for a very reasonable price. Note to self: don't buy ahead anymore. heh.

Last edited by Hopper Graphics; 11-01-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #30
BellaPepper
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper Graphics
I've had my girls "big" gifts for quite awhile now. :P After Christmas sales were awesome last year. My oldest is getting a Barbie camper, Barbie, and a game. My youngest is getting the Disney Cinderella castle playset, a Brave doll, and a puzzle. They will each get a set of pajamas.

I think DH and I may be doing a flat screen as our joint present.

My parents are getting knit stockings. I'm making 9 total.

BIL - hat
Sil- homemade candle (done)
2 little nieces - hats (done)
Oldest niece - cash
Mil - homemade candle (done)
Fil - homemade chocolates
Sister - knit sweater (halfway done)
3 teacher gifts - handmade chocolates/goodies
3 friends. I've got something up my sleeve already for them.
Aunt V- homemade candle (done)
2 "secret Santa" gifts

Feels like I'm forgetting some...

Busy busy!
Eek! You reminded me about the fair isle stocking I never finished for ds last Christmas. Better start hunting that thing down as well!
BellaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote