Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
ladyhaze
Registered Users

Shower in 9 days and cloth registry hasn't been touched

I have to admit I'm pretty bummed.

All 78+ invites were sent out in the perfect amount of time, not too early as people tend to forget and not to late so guests could get time to take off work if needed. A very nice insert was included with the invites that explained our cloth registry and how every thing on it worked and why it was needed. The shower is on the 21st...and not a single thing has been purchased from our cloth registry and only TWO people rsvp'd.

What is the point of having a baby shower any way? I'm so frustrated and disappointed already and the shower hasn't even happened yet.

We are expecting our twins any time after Nov 10th (36weeks)...i've gotten a good start on my stash but am still awaiting 99% of that to be shipped to me still. I just paid shipping on two different orders today. ANYWAY...i have a feeling i'm going to be ordering my own cloth last min from GMD the day after my baby shower.

has anyone else had any luck with including cloth diapers as a registry for their baby showers?

maybe it's just me.

Advertisement

ladyhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

My shower is next week too and nobody has touched any of my registries. I've already bought all the cloth diapers I need because nobody I know understands why I'm using them. This might help you get your stash started

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=327943
Old 09-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shower in 9 days and cloth registry hasn't been touched

I'm so sorry!

I've had a similar experience just with baby showers in general. I think we ended up with 2 things off our registry. Seems like sometimes people just go shopping at the very last minute, don't have the time to find stuff on the registry, and don't make the time to RSVP either.

It's all VERY disappointing, especially when you have spent hours putting together your registry.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had one baby shower- at my work. Two gifts were from my registry. We also received a bunch of disposables, although most people knew we were planning to use cloth. I returned a bunch of stuff I knew I didn't want/wouldn't use and went shipping to get exactly what I wanted instead. I am personally not a fan of baby showers.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
CaronForEachOther
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a shower this Saturday and I think we have had 3 things purchased so far and hardly anyone has RSVP'd... I think people are just lazy and wait last minute for everything plus Im convinced people no longer understand the concept behind an RSVP haha so frustrating!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Barnmom
Registered Users

I'm in the same situation-shower this weekend and no purchases from my cloth diaper registry either. Hoping I don't get a bunch of disposables, tho I suppose they can be returned if that happens. I just think people don't know what to do with cloth!
Barnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i didnt get any cloth at my other baby's showers, i think it is too foreign for most people.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1 View Post
i didnt get any cloth at my other baby's showers, i think it is too foreign for most people.
i think this is really true. cloth is expensive in a lot of cases. some cloth diapers can be the same as a box of disposables, know what i mean? it's a lot of money to spend on something, when they aren't entirely sure what they are getting, or if they are getting the right thing. more people are a lot more likely to go with something else.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd just take back what you won't use and use the money towards cloth. I super freakish hate that people don't RSVP!!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an Amazon registry with cloth diapers on there, so it was a two click to order thing, and no one bought any cloth diapers! One friend bought us a whole bunch of snappis though! He works at Amazon, so he bought a ton of stuff of the Amazon registry. Oh wel.. Next time, I'll ask for a diaper service for the first couple months.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote