Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Small house plans

How great of your dad!! I agree with making it easy for your parents for when they get older. Those plans above are great (I love the little porch!).

You and your DD have a new, awesome adventure ahead of you. Now I am playing around on the house plan website.

I like this one:

http://www.houseplans.com/plan/815-s...1-garage-36691

It has a garage (which can be another room instead) AND a laundry room!

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks you guys I'm suppppper excited!! I'm showing him the plans you guys sent. He has so,e but their two story and I keep telling maybe we shouldn't do that but he seems set on a two story. Were also trying to do it on a tiiiiight budget hopefully it woks out.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
miriamleigh
Registered Users

There are some great modular homes out there. 800 square feet is a good size. A lot of families around here live in homes that size.
I love these homes
http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

Last edited by miriamleigh; 09-20-2013 at 04:40 PM.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
If trading eventually is the plan, design the house as ADA, no stairs, wide dour ways, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Very good point.

I would also just go look at the manufactured homes, because they are very good at not wasting any space, or even RV's just take the floor plan and make it larger, but again, they waste no space so it's a good place for ideas.

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #15
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure where you live or what the state options are, but some states now have solar leasing programs, where you can pay monthly (less than your average electric bill) to lease the panels without having to put up huge sums of money. Plus, they cover the insurance (not on your homeowners) and all maintenance. We just got ours put on last month and LOVE them! A huge thing for us was that I didn't want to try to sell a house in 20 years with 20 year old solar panels on them or have to deal with having them removed/replaced. We're saving money, we're generating electricity - we're thrilled.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love searching plans on eplans.com. I might be a little addicted.

I found this one I really like. http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/ep...ml?from=search
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #17
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you have an Ikea near you? If so go look at their small home set ups.

Try pinterest too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarsh31 View Post
Not sure where you live or what the state options are, but some states now have solar leasing programs, where you can pay monthly (less than your average electric bill) to lease the panels without having to put up huge sums of money. Plus, they cover the insurance (not on your homeowners) and all maintenance. We just got ours put on last month and LOVE them! A huge thing for us was that I didn't want to try to sell a house in 20 years with 20 year old solar panels on them or have to deal with having them removed/replaced. We're saving money, we're generating electricity - we're thrilled.
Do you have any additional information on this?

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 09-21-2013 at 11:23 PM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote