Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #41
Luvdgame
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Sep 23 - Sep 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenMImama View Post
I have been reading this blog Mr. Money Mustache I like his way of thinking so far, really helping me to get to a place of wanting to sell this home, instead of just doing it because my DH wants to.
I found his blog just this morning! I read several really good posts there and now plan to follow him regularly.

Advertisement

Maggie, married to P 10/10/10 and mom to our IVF #2 miracle D 6/7/13

working on decluttering and getting debt free
minimizing running total 36/2014

Follow my journey to be debt free http://debtdivatomoneymaven.wordpress.com
Luvdgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #42
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

I should check out that blog. Not really doing anything budgeting-wise over here. I suppose in some ways it's a good thing b/c I am not spending. I wanted to buy some Dr. Seuss diapers but I didn't. Oops, just realized I did buy some covers but they were $3.00 off each and it's out new nighttime need. I will also look into selling some of the diaper stuff I have bought but we aren't using.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #43
K-Murph
Registered Users
Formerly: yuja
seller

My Mood:

[double post]

Last edited by K-Murph; 09-27-2013 at 06:36 AM.
K-Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #44
K-Murph
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My XDH is so horrible with finances it's still stressing me out ... money was one of the main sources of our issues, which to this day he denies. Now that he doesn't have me to get him out of trouble, he's drowning, which stresses me out because I hate seeing people in trouble. Plus I end up paying for most of our son's expenses. I feel jipped. I lived frugally while he spent most of our earnings, and any extra money I earned I put toward HIS debt because we were a team. We agreed on no child support and no "spouse maintenance" and joint custody ... but at this rate, I feel like I'm paying alimony/child support because I end up paying 100% of the daycare fees, his supplies, and most of his clothes. Plus I loaned him quite a bit of money when his landlord screwed him over and he had to find a new place with little notice ... Not to mention I feel super guilty for doing better financially than him ... But then again, I live modestly and frugally, unlike what he's used to. Siiiiighhh ... His mentality has always been "we're going to make plenty of money, so might as well spend it now and then some ... what good is money if you can't use it?" and keeping up with the Joneses. That drove me bonkers because not having financial security scared me so bad but he didn't care. He wanted the latest toys and fancy dinners.

Last edited by K-Murph; 09-27-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #45
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Murph View Post
My XDH is so horrible with finances it's still stressing me out ... money was one of the main sources of our issues, which to this day he denies. Now that he doesn't have me to get him out of trouble, he's drowning, which stresses me out because I hate seeing people in trouble. Plus I end up paying for most of our son's expenses. I feel jipped. I lived frugally while he spent most of our earnings, and any extra money I earned I put toward HIS debt because we were a team. We agreed on no child support and no "spouse maintenance" and joint custody ... but at this rate, I feel like I'm paying alimony/child support because I end up paying 100% of the daycare fees, his supplies, and most of his clothes. Plus I loaned him quite a bit of money when his landlord screwed him over and he had to find a new place with little notice ... Not to mention I feel super guilty for doing better financially than him ... But then again, I live modestly and frugally, unlike what he's used to. Siiiiighhh ... His mentality has always been "we're going to make plenty of money, so might as well spend it now and then some ... what good is money if you can't use it?" and keeping up with the Joneses. That drove me bonkers because not having financial security scared me so bad but he didn't care. He wanted the latest toys and fancy dinners.
I'd have documented in WRITING all of HIS expenses for your child you have paid so that soon you can go back and have the custody/child support arrangement changed. Because it is in your child's best interest to have your ex share in his support. Even if its just on paper right now, later on you can go and have his wages garnished if need be. Right now you are the sole support of your son and if you were to get sick/injured and be off work for a period of time what would happen? Ds needs support from his father and further he DESERVES it.
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #46
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today is the first payday in about 5 weeks and I have the budget but DH will never sit down with me to do it or even let me tell him how it's going to play out. We still don't even know if this check is for 4 days or 1.5 weeks. He started on 9/12, the pay period ends on Mondays, but I don't know which Monday -the 16th or the 23rd. So glad that we're at least getting caught up before October starts.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #47
K-Murph
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemom View Post
I'd have documented in WRITING all of HIS expenses for your child you have paid so that soon you can go back and have the custody/child support arrangement changed. Because it is in your child's best interest to have your ex share in his support. Even if its just on paper right now, later on you can go and have his wages garnished if need be. Right now you are the sole support of your son and if you were to get sick/injured and be off work for a period of time what would happen? Ds needs support from his father and further he DESERVES it.
The thing is I make more than he does, so I would end up paying him money if he took me to court ... We agreed 50/50 on child expenses, but he sucks so badly at budgeting his money that I STILL have to bail him out. I just want to his head.

I feel like I'm being punished for being more responsible, finishing college before him, and starting working before him ... I'm sure that's how all those men feel about getting screwed over with ridiculous alimony and child support from their divorces.

Last edited by K-Murph; 09-27-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #48
aemarques
Registered Users
seller

Okay I need this thread. Bad. DH has a ton of debt, ive racked up a ton of debt this past year as a SAHM. I found a job nannying so I bring DD with me 3 days a week but i've realized we are only now going to be just barely over breaking even... so I'm going to go back to waitressing 2 days a week and put that money straight towards debt.

If I see money in our accounts I spend it. My CCs are now maxed out and there is no more to spend, im embarrassed i really thought i had more self control than this. I sold a ton of stuff we don't use/need and spent it on DDs 1st bday party & gifts. Now there's nothing more to sell and I just flat out need a job Going to Disney middle of october for 10 days and will begin searching for a second job immediately after to begin this program.
aemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #49
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemarques View Post
Okay I need this thread. Bad. DH has a ton of debt, ive racked up a ton of debt this past year as a SAHM. I found a job nannying so I bring DD with me 3 days a week but i've realized we are only now going to be just barely over breaking even... so I'm going to go back to waitressing 2 days a week and put that money straight towards debt.

If I see money in our accounts I spend it. My CCs are now maxed out and there is no more to spend, im embarrassed i really thought i had more self control than this. I sold a ton of stuff we don't use/need and spent it on DDs 1st bday party & gifts. Now there's nothing more to sell and I just flat out need a job Going to Disney middle of october for 10 days and will begin searching for a second job immediately after to begin this program.
Welcome
Old 09-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #50
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good reason to be nervous about the budget - adding error of $100, and not in our favor
It's all good though because I really don't need to be spending money on a woven wrap. I just wanted it really bad - I'm pouting over it right now. Time to put on the big girl panties, because thanks to my mom we can now be out of debt no later than June 1, 2014. Which will make our snowball $500/mo. We need to save $6000 for a 20% down payment on some land. After which our 10yr mortgage will be $266 and we can put the rest of the snowball into a fund for building our house. Wooohoooo!

ETA: and I found out DH's new job offers health insurance, so he might be able to get that. And hopefully it will cover at least part of his $360/mo medicine that we pay for out of pocket right now

Last edited by NewMommy6111; 09-27-2013 at 06:06 PM.