Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
Layney82's Avatar
Layney82
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,630
Re: Due June 2014

May I join? My EDD is June 12, 2014. It seems so far away right now

I have my first US and appointment in 3 weeks. I can't wait to see the little bean...hopefully it will seem more real then.

Advertisement

Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
activia
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 288
My Mood:
Re: Due June 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layney82 View Post
May I join? My EDD is June 12, 2014. It seems so far away right now

I have my first US and appointment in 3 weeks. I can't wait to see the little bean...hopefully it will seem more real then.
Of course! Congrats!


I know sooo far away! I just want to get through the first trimester tho so I dont have to worry as much about losing the bean. I'm seriously not getting any younger and dont want to have to start over, plus it would be sad to lose.

I know how you feel with it not feeling "real" yet. I'm still checking to see if I'm getting my period.


My plan is to only have one US at around 20 weeks..unless there are complications. As much as I would love to have tons and early I dont want to subject the bean to anything that is not necessary. But I'm still really excited to go to the first appt. Plus we should be able to hear the heartbeat.


I'm waiting to tell my boss until after the first trimester (right before thanksgiving).
__________________
Married for 2 years! 30 YR Old F. Our first is due Early June! It's a boy!

Last edited by activia; 10-01-2013 at 09:17 AM.
activia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
Layney82's Avatar
Layney82
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,630
Re: Due June 2014

I haven't even thought about telling my boss yet. I've only been here for 6 months and I'm afraid he's going to be mad. I'm entitle yo a year of maternity leave (yay, Canada) but I don't think my boss will be happy if I take it. I'm definitely waiting until after Christmas as long as I'm not showing. We're not telling anyone irl until then.

The reason for the early US is that I'm at a pretty high risk for multiples and we want to find out early in case of complications.
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
activia
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 288
My Mood:
Re: Due June 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layney82 View Post
I haven't even thought about telling my boss yet. I've only been here for 6 months and I'm afraid he's going to be mad. I'm entitle yo a year of maternity leave (yay, Canada) but I don't think my boss will be happy if I take it. I'm definitely waiting until after Christmas as long as I'm not showing. We're not telling anyone irl until then.

The reason for the early US is that I'm at a pretty high risk for multiples and we want to find out early in case of complications.
I see! I have been at my job for 15 months. By the time my due date comes around it will be almost 2 years so I dont think it's a big deal. We get 12 weeks here in the US... unpaid (very crappy). My job has short term disability that covers maternity leave for up to 8 weeks at 60% pay or some max (which I might hit). We can also burn all of our vacation and sick time which I've been accumulating. I plan to take all 12 weeks but then I have to go back as I pay the big bills around here (I really really wish we got at least 6 months..oh well). I don't think it's going to be a big deal at my work... I'd like to give my boss plenty of notice for planning purposes as I'm sure he'll appreciate but I want to get past the first trimester first.

We have told a few people IRL...my best friend and my parents. I left it up to DH to tell his own parents. I plan to announce to the rest of the family on thanksgiving since it will be after the first trimester...and we can help direct them to the types of things we are looking for as gift ideas for Christmas. They'll be happy to pick out gifts instead of their usual gift cards.

Did you get invitro or do you just have them in your family?
__________________
Married for 2 years! 30 YR Old F. Our first is due Early June! It's a boy!
activia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #15
evamyster88's Avatar
evamyster88
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WA
Posts: 904
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by activia
I made my first appt at the birthing center. I highly recommend everyone read Ina May's book on childbirth if you haven't. Also this movie: http://watch.birthstorymovie.com/ I'm going for a natural unmedicated birth here: http://www.beverlyhospital.org/locations--services/health-services/maternity,-obstetrics/north-shore-birth-center First appt: Oct 23rd (I'll be around 8 weeks)
Im going to see if my library has that book.


I have an orientation that is in two weeks that I have to go to before I can schedule a regular appt. I think that if some things have not changed at the hospital since I have had my daughter, then I am going to check into a birth center. There is a semi-local CNM, but we really cannot afford her as much as I would love a HB.
__________________
Eva, Mom to Madison(7), Natalie(5) and Callen(1)
evamyster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
BabyKaykes's Avatar
BabyKaykes
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 772
My Mood:
Re: Due June 2014

Mind if I join you ladies? I haven't been back here on the swap in YEARS!!! Due June 11th!! Looking forward to a home water birth this time around. And opting out of ultrasounds until at least 24wks. Even then, we'll see...

It so doesn't feel real yet...until I'm ready for bed at 7:30 like last night, lol! A happy and healthy 9 months to all!
__________________
Kay ~ homeschooling mom to an 8yo
...and my long awaited May '14 baby...
Crochet tips, links, & patterns
BabyKaykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #17
Hum Bums's Avatar
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 4,066
Re: Due June 2014

Uncluttered the list a bit. I think I have everyone added so far
__________________
Ashley, Mama to Kloe (5), Claire (4) & Charlotte (1)
I will leave feedback if you leave it for me!
I don't like seeing those yellow notes next to feedback!
Voluntarily left Mod duties due to busy life!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
Kabuki24's Avatar
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Due June 2014

EDD June 5th here too! Woohoo!
__________________
DSMOMS for 5% off at My Sweet Pickles! Freebies and good deals always going on!
Find us on Facebook!
Kabuki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
activia
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 288
My Mood:
Re: Due June 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by evamyster88 View Post
Im going to see if my library has that book.


I have an orientation that is in two weeks that I have to go to before I can schedule a regular appt. I think that if some things have not changed at the hospital since I have had my daughter, then I am going to check into a birth center. There is a semi-local CNM, but we really cannot afford her as much as I would love a HB.
They have the book used on Amazon as low as $5.. the movie is suppose to be fabulous... I'm going to make my hubby watch it as well (kicking and screaming if I have to lol) as he's already getting nervous and his first instinct is "hospital birth" because he hasn't read and talked to everyone like I have...so I think it will really help him. But he said he is open to it. I'm sure he'll feel more confident about it once we go there and once I educate him.

I hear you HB are not covered by insurance here. I am interested to see how much this birthing center is going to cost. Since it is basically Beverly hospital it should be covered like any other hospital would.

Even if you don't find a birthing center (there are not a lot ), I would consider checking out other hospitals until you find a good match...I've heard so many contrasting stories based on which hospital.


Welcome and Congrats BabyKaykes and Kabuki24! I feel you, it totally doesn't feel real yet. I have yet to experience the tiredness...
__________________
Married for 2 years! 30 YR Old F. Our first is due Early June! It's a boy!

Last edited by activia; 10-01-2013 at 02:33 PM.
activia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
Kabuki24's Avatar
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Due June 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia View Post
They have the book used on Amazon as low as $5.. the movie is suppose to be fabulous... I'm going to make my hubby watch it as well (kicking and screaming if I have to lol) as he's already getting nervous and his first instinct is "hospital birth" because he hasn't read and talked to everyone like I have...so I think it will really help him. But he said he is open to it. I'm sure he'll feel more confident about it once we go there and once I educate him.

I hear you HB are not covered by insurance here. I am interested to see how much this birthing center is going to cost. Since it is basically Beverly hospital it should be covered like any other hospital would.

Even if you don't find a birthing center (there are not a lot ), I would consider checking out other hospitals until you find a good match...I've heard so many contrasting stories based on which hospital.


Welcome and Congrats BabyKaykes and Kabuki24! I feel you, it totally doesn't feel real yet. I have yet to experience the tiredness...
Congrats to you as well
__________________
DSMOMS for 5% off at My Sweet Pickles! Freebies and good deals always going on!
Find us on Facebook!
Kabuki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.