Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #21
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did you get a breastpump through your insurance?

I didn't go through insurance as I had one but it is now broken. The nurse that discharges here writes the prescription for like all moms that come from our hospital for a pump unless stated otherwise and I think especially now as they are supposed to be covered under insurance more.

I loved my Medela.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #22
Chichidc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebecloth
ObamaCare requires insurance companies to fully cover lactation support now. I got mine through Blue Cross 100% covered with a prescription from my midwife.
Same here. We have BCBS MA. It was just hard finding an approved durable medical goods supplier with the PISA in stock because they're so popular. I should have bought stock in one of these pump companies!

That said, I also bought a $30 hand pump (Medela) at Target that I use every day - way more than the PISA, which I'm "saving" for when maternity leave ends and I need it to pump at work.
Chichidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #23
Amysgong
Registered Users
seller

I just got an Ameda purely yours 100% covered by insurance. Only need to provide (fax) prescription from ob and my insurance card. Same here I cannot choose which pump but I am very happy to get a electric double pump for free. Not yet have chance to try pumping with Ameda since I am with baby bf all day long...i heard Ameda have low suction when pumping both sides...I think I am pretty sensitive to the suction so it may work well for me.
Amysgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #24
Amysgong
Registered Users
seller

My insurance is blue cross blue shield in Maryland. And the durable medical equipment supplier is Northern Pharmacy in Baltimore, MD. Through a few calling and waited for a week, I got the pump in mail.
Amysgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #25
Zndc7
Registered Users

I got a pump through my insurance. Got my dr to fill out a claim form and sent my receipt in. Got the medela freetyle for free with insurance!!
Zndc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #26
Zndc7
Registered Users

Would recommend calling insurance on info
Zndc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #27
minia
Registered Users
seller

I got my medela pump thru my insurance, however it was like pulling teeth trying to get someone who knew what they were doing. I made a about 4-5 calls to my ins, then another million to find a medical supplier that would "file a claim" so I could get my pump. I used Byram Healthcare, just google it
minia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:42 AM   #28
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got a pj's bliss through byram, covered by my insurance. It is awesome and truly a life saver. I knew I'd be breastfeeding, but I got the pump bc it was covered and I wanted one handy just in case.

My son was just in the hospital and not eating, so my supply was going down rapidly (I was sick and emotionally and physically drained as well). The hospital grade medela symphony I was given in the hospital did NOTHING. I was so scared I'd have to give up breastfeeding because I literally got 1 ounce from each breast over 10 15minute pumping sessions. I can only imagine what i would have gotten with a PIS or something similar. When we got home from the hospital, I got 1.5ounce from each breast with my bliss. And now a few days later my son is eating better and my supply has increased! If I had a medela at home, I'm almost positive I would have given up.

So if you have insurance that covers pumps, consider pj's bliss. I would not have gotten one without it being covered and it literally saved us.
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #29
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

CDPHP in NY covers pumps but they recently changed how they're covering them. I got a PISA from Target and they reimbursed me. UMR aka United Health Care will only cover a pump if you're with them at the time of the baby's birth. (Yes I called to see if I could get one off them when my insurance changed)
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #30
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by srw.mutter
I got a pj's bliss through byram, covered by my insurance. It is awesome and truly a life saver. I knew I'd be breastfeeding, but I got the pump bc it was covered and I wanted one handy just in case. My son was just in the hospital and not eating, so my supply was going down rapidly (I was sick and emotionally and physically drained as well). The hospital grade medela symphony I was given in the hospital did NOTHING. I was so scared I'd have to give up breastfeeding because I literally got 1 ounce from each breast over 10 15minute pumping sessions. I can only imagine what i would have gotten with a PIS or something similar. When we got home from the hospital, I got 1.5ounce from each breast with my bliss. And now a few days later my son is eating better and my supply has increased! If I had a medela at home, I'm almost positive I would have given up. So if you have insurance that covers pumps, consider pj's bliss. I would not have gotten one without it being covered and it literally saved us.
For me the PISA has higher suction then the symphony.