Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Registered Users
Pain before period returning after nursing

A bit off topic... Dd is 24 months old. Still nursing a couple times during the day, but almost completely night weaned, and I still have not gotten my first period after her birth.
I've been having some abdominal pain over the past week, went to the doctor, and was diagnosed with a bladder infection. No bacteria showed up in my urine, just a little blood, and I don't have any of the classic bladder infection / uti symptoms.
After 5 days of antibiotics, I still have Abdominal pain and think it's more related to my ovaries, perhaps. The pain is not constant , and mostly a dull ache. It's not severe, but it's just not normal either.
My midwife was booked, but her nurse says that it could be some ovarian irritation as my body is gearing up to start my period again. Anyone else had a similar situation? This is the longest I've ever been without my period after pregnancy and the first time with pain like this.

Sweet Cheeks Laundry
Natural Laundry Washes for Cloth Diapers & Everyday Laundry, Wool Dryer Balls, & Other Sweet Treats
beccag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
My Mood:
Re: Pain before period returning after nursing

Wish I could help. I am on month 18 now myself. I was told if I do not get AF on my own after weaning within 6-8 weeks, I need to go on Prometrium to induce her. I am still nursing constantly. Maybe see if she can be induced.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Pain before period returning after nursing

I'm on 9 months so can't help but I'd love to know what you find out.
Breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, married mommy and step mommy.
ISO Charlie Banana.
xxNikkiV23xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Registered Users
I am at 11 months still nursing, and I've had two post partum periods. They both hurt like hell. Cramping and a lot of bleeding. Last time I was on birth control and got it back after 6 weeks. I haven't decided which is worse
WOHM and to Jon (6/2006). Mamma to daughter Elli (12/2009) and Jacob (11/2012) Crazy Florida Gator fan , beach bum, and outdoor enthusiast!
Van1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
Is it only at nursing time or other times too? If just nursing then could be from nursing. I'm the longest pp @7 mo & no period with baby 3. Sometimes I feel crampy when he nurses & that's normal.

The suck changes & same with when they get teeth...
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote