Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
UPDATE: Domperidone blocked by customs because of FDA

I ordered another shipment of domperidone from inhouse on September 5th and it never arrived. They have great customer service and offered to reship or refund my money. By the time a reshipment would get here, I'd have been out of it completely for at least a couple of weeks. My lo is 20 months and I was planning to wean when he hit 24 months so I told them to go ahead and refund. Now I'm panicking as I watch my milk production diminish as I wean myself off of what little domperidone that I have left.

There also was an article in http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/780493 that said that domperidone is under medical scrutiny in Europe due to cardiac risks (published May 8, 2013). I'm wondering if my last shipment got blocked in customs because of this . . . or maybe it was just coincidence? Anyway, anybody else in the U.S. having trouble getting a recent shipment?

Has anyone else weaned themselves off domperidone and, if so, did your milk supply dry up right away? Wondering if I should just try ordering it again for the next few months.

Advertisement

Last edited by neuro_mom; 10-29-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: update: domperidone blocked by customs because of FDA
neuro_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have trouble getting their domperidone from inhousepharmacy.biz?

bump
Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have trouble getting their domperidone from inhousepharmacy.biz?

Technically yes it could have been confiscated by customs but I think they would let you know.

I got mine in the US with a script from a compounding pharmacy. I was only able to get it once though as the doctor who should have written the script, refused to. She is VERY risk adverse. So I was on it for a total of about a month. I slowly weaned myself off it and I didn't notice a decrease in supply (I am now about 2 weeks out).

Don't know if that helps you or not but I thought I would try.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I order all my domperidone from there, and have for 6 months+ and never had a single issue. I recently got another one of my orders about 2 weeks ago with no issues. Do you get the tracking option? I always do and then have to sign for it when it arrives.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Technically yes it could have been confiscated by customs but I think they would let you know.

I got mine in the US with a script from a compounding pharmacy. I was only able to get it once though as the doctor who should have written the script, refused to. She is VERY risk adverse. So I was on it for a total of about a month. I slowly weaned myself off it and I didn't notice a decrease in supply (I am now about 2 weeks out).

Don't know if that helps you or not but I thought I would try.
I was up to 30 mg 3x/day at one point and am now down to 10 mg 3x/day and have noticed a big decrease in supply. I'm beginning to think it was confiscated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
I order all my domperidone from there, and have for 6 months+ and never had a single issue. I recently got another one of my orders about 2 weeks ago with no issues. Do you get the tracking option? I always do and then have to sign for it when it arrives.
I've ordered from them for the past year and had no problems before. I always sign for it too. It looks like it was lost (or maybe confiscated) in Los Angeles. It always went through New York before so I don't know if going through a different sort facility had something to do with it getting lost.

I doubled my fenugreek and blessed thistle today to see if that helps w/ supply. I'll go back to eating oatmeal too.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Darn it, I'm sorry I hope it just got lost and makes it way to you. I take it back, mine got lost once, it went to Wisconsin from my local post office somehow but that was the USA post offices' mistake, not inhousepharmacy. I thought it was gone for good and it showed up a week later.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

I've never had a problem and I've ordered dom from them 3x over the last 10 months. Each of my shipments arrived within 2 weeks.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: UPDATE: Domperidone blocked by customs because of FDA

Just an udate. Received a letter stating that my shipment of domperidone was blocked by customs because it is not FDA approved in the U.S. I managed to get three shipments over the past year before they confiscated it. Arrggghhh! Oh well. I've weaned myself off it and have watched my milk supply tank. I guess my lo and I are heading toward weaning whether we are ready or not. Still taking fenugreek, blessed thistle, and eating oatmeal but the domperidone just made things so much easier.

I tried Reglan before but it made feel like a zombie.

Anyone still on domperidone may want to try ordering it way before you run out of it just in case it does get confiscated. I could try ordering it again but since we are on the track toward weaning now, I don't see any point in trying to get it again.

Last edited by neuro_mom; 10-29-2013 at 08:47 PM.
neuro_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

Re: UPDATE: Domperidone blocked by customs because of FDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro_mom View Post
Just an udate. Received a letter stating that my shipment of domperidone was blocked by customs because it is not FDA approved in the U.S. I managed to get three shipments over the past year before they confiscated it. Arrggghhh! Oh well. I've weaned myself off it and have watched my milk supply tank. I guess my lo and I are heading toward weaning whether we are ready or not. Still taking fenugreek, blessed thistle, and eating oatmeal but the domperidone just made things so much easier.

I tried Reglan before but it made feel like a zombie.

Anyone still on domperidone may want to try ordering it way before you run out of it just in case it does get confiscated. I could try ordering it again but since we are on the track toward weaning now, I don't see any point in trying to get it again.
That sucks! But thanks for the warning. I'll make sure to order super early in the future.