Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.
Has anyone tried contours?

I was thinking of making some contours for my little bean coming in Aug. My first babe was really small and did not fit into smalls until she was 8 weeks old. I can make a very nice looking vb fitted but that takes time away from my buisness, and honestly, I would rather make a few dollars and spend them on more fitted than make them. (Don't get me wrong, I have made 2 fitteds and 2 AIO's for this babe). Just wondering if you love contours or hated them, I don't think they are much differant than cpf's and if I make them, they are even cheaper than cpfs. Thoughts?

Advertisement

Last edited by lovencloth; 04-19-2006 at 08:13 AM.
lovencloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Re: Has anyone tried contours?

i used contours some when i first started but dd was 9 months at the time. i think a contour is really about the same as a laid in prefold.

problems you'll likely encounter with a newborn are poop containment b/c of the lack of leg elastic.

i had kissaluvs and they have some idiosyncratic issues with the way the soaker is sewn in that make it take forever to dry.

i didn't really care for contours myself - i didn't hate them, but they never worked all that great for us.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #3
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone tried contours?

I have a ton of kissuluv conturs and I really loved them hubby did not he likes the aios. so I used them for night time and when hubby was not home. I loved how the kissuluvs have a built in dubller they are great!

hth

Clarissa
Cadensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #4
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love contours! I have the kissaluvs and then I turned some of my pf's into contours.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

I know a good cpf has 6 layers in the center, how many layers do you like in your contours?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #6
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I liked my kissaluv contours, and I thought they worked great under a good cover. My only problem is that they are kind of a pain to hold in place when you put them on, and that my little one was pooing so such that I almost always was afraid to use them. Unless you snappi or pin them, they aren't very good at holding in poo, and then you need a lot more covers.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love the kissaluv contours!!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried Kissaluvs contours and Doodlebottoms contours and preferred fitteds over either one. Because there's no elastic in the legs, everything runs out onto the cover (even more of a problem with a newborn) and I never did it enough to get the hang of snappis. I did like the quick dry doubler in the Doodlebottoms better than Kissaluvs but in the end, I sold both to fund more fitteds. What about the possibility of "semi-fitteds"? I think that's what they're called. Sort of like a prefold with a little elastic sewn on either side of the middle to hug the legs a little better.
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #9
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000
I tried Kissaluvs contours and Doodlebottoms contours and preferred fitteds over either one. Because there's no elastic in the legs, everything runs out onto the cover (even more of a problem with a newborn) and I never did it enough to get the hang of snappis. I did like the quick dry doubler in the Doodlebottoms better than Kissaluvs but in the end, I sold both to fund more fitteds. What about the possibility of "semi-fitteds"? I think that's what they're called. Sort of like a prefold with a little elastic sewn on either side of the middle to hug the legs a little better.
Sorry, I have not been able to get onto ds for like 4 days to reply...
Anyway, I was thinking of making my own fitted contours with elastic in the legs. I have babies with chicken legs! LOL!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #10
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think contours work fine for newborns... now that my youngest is 5mths and crawling, he seems to crinkle them up in his cover and so he soils the cover too. I would think as long as the cover held well, then contours should be fine. I am actually getting ready to make somemyself.... and hey if you make them alittle bit bigger in the wings, you can pin them like PFs w/o all the extra fabric... thats what I am going to do ...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote