Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Ugh just remembered I has a spinal for a surgery once and I had back pain for months after surgery.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just get the epi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeachee View Post
Ugh just remembered I has a spinal for a surgery once and I had back pain for months after surgery.
I think you should make the decision when you are pregnant.

I am all about med free birth because of unnecessary exposure to chemicals.... but I also never want an epi because the idea of anyone putting anything in my spine does not sound like something I would EVER request. Maybe it's too many ER episodes but I hope to never have anything inserted near my spine.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 10-11-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I've had seven epidurals and will get another. I don't do well with pain. I've actually read that red heads feel pain more than others and truly believe it. I've tried going without pain meds with some of my births. After hours of pain and labor moving very slowly, I got an epidural. I took a nap and labor progressed nicely. My first took two hours to push out, the others took one or two pushes. The epidural didn't affect my ability to push. My babies were all able to nurse right after birth and their apgars were fine. I've had no bad experiences with epidurals and hope this one will go as well.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #14
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think you should go with your gut and do whatever you want, as long as baby comes home healthy.

I don't think personally I will ever get an epidural. I have way too many fears about it that outweigh any fear of "pain". And I say pain in quotes because for my labor with my son I referred to it as pressure instead of pain. And I felt fantastic after, sore yes (I tore) but I felt relieved and awake.
Kaylazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #15
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfrog
I've had seven epidurals and will get another. I don't do well with pain. I've actually read that red heads feel pain more than others and truly believe it. I've tried going without pain meds with some of my births. After hours of pain and labor moving very slowly, I got an epidural. I took a nap and labor progressed nicely. My first took two hours to push out, the others took one or two pushes. The epidural didn't affect my ability to push. My babies were all able to nurse right after birth and their apgars were fine. I've had no bad experiences with epidurals and hope this one will go as well.
My dh, fil, and 4yo are redheads. I believe what I read about redheads and pain, too. They don't seem to tolerate pain well at all.

Last edited by snugglesnsunshine; 10-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got epis with my vba2cs. I tried I really did but ugh. I use to have a high tolerance for pain, not anymore. Wth dd1 I was good until I got cold and the burning and shaking happen I just thought "oh hell no!"

With dd2 I walked around labored then thought "yeah no reason for a 35 yr old woman to be in this much pain!"

Both times they allowed me to sit in an up position the whole time. So my bed was all the way up and I kept my legs bent.

With dd1 I was concerned that I would be to tired when the time came so I needed rest and I couldn't get it before the epi. After it dh and I both slept. Nurse came in and said we are going to start pushing 45 minutes later baby was born.

With dd2 got the epi and when came time to push two pushes and baby was born.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:02 AM   #17
Juvanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well let's see, you carried the baby, you're birthing the baby, so I would say DO EXACTLY AS YOU WISH! You don't even have to tell anyone about it if you don't feel like being judged by the judging judgers.
Juvanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #18
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I think it's just crazy that laughing gas isn't a viable option in the US , the risks are way less and you kind of get the best of both worlds. I am too much about control to stand the thought of being immobile but if that doesn't bother you then go for it.

The midwife's coxtail is gas and a jacuzzi! I have absolutely NO IDEA why gas isn't available here!!!

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ive have 5 epi births and 2 induced no pain meds births and 1 all natural birth. After having the all natural birth. I'll never be induced or get an epi again. Your recovery is awesome, 200 times better.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree with others about too afraid of the epi. I have had 1 induced pain-med free birth , and 1 natural med free birth. I think for me, the epi wasn't even an option, it was never offered, and that helped me stick to my decision.