Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #1
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
32A & need a nursing bra...any help?

OK, considering this is my 3rd son, you'd figured that I would've found a bra, right? NOPE!!

I've been suffering using some slightly large 34B nursing bra that ends up looking pretty sad & lumpy under a shirt.

Seeing as how I have a smaller chest you would suggest no bra...well, i'm a pretty heavy leaker, so I NEED to use nursing pads.

I just found the Comfort Bra by Medela that works WONDERS...so far, it's been on for about 2 hours. But I was wondering if any of you other smaller chested mamas had any suggestions

I've always used sposie nursing pads...maybe that's why i'm lumpy...do you think that cloth pads would help the lumpy problem?

I have a set of lilypadz and they work great if i'm not leaking so much, but if they are on too long or i'm heavily leaking when they are on it's like a tidal wave when i take them off...and that's just disgusting!

Advertisement

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
kknutzen
Registered Users
seller

Re: 32A & need a nursing bra...any help?

I like nursing tanks from Target or Motherwear and no bra. I wear them under everything. I'm a little bigger than an A cup, but I think they'd work since there is really not much cup shape. I've not needed breastpads although I bought some hemp ones that were comfy feeling. Not sure if they'd make lumps. I just peeked down my shirt and realized the Target tank might not hold the pad in place that well, but the Motherwear ones should since there's an extra layer of fabric.
Good luck!

Last edited by kknutzen; 05-26-2007 at 07:42 PM.
kknutzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Me too,I'm painfully flat chested even when nursing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kknutzen View Post
I like nursing tanks from Target or Motherwear and no bra. I wear them under everything. I'm a little bigger than an A cup, but I think they'd work since there is really not much cup shape. I've not needed breastpads although I bought some hemp ones that were comfy feeling. Not sure if they'd make lumps. I just peeked down my shirt and realized the Target tank might not hold the pad in place that well, but the Motherwear ones should since there's an extra layer of fabric.
Good luck!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried Bravado at all? Their regular size might work. I also agree in the cami's.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm smaller chested as well, Walmart carries a nursing bra (will have to check the brand) that runs in that size. You could definately try the cami's too, I've worn them with no problems.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
YummyYarnAddict
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A friend of mine who's a 36A swears by the Bravado bras. I personally am not a fan but I'm a 34B and prefer the bras by Decent Exposures (www.decentexposures.com) as I'm a "leaker" and find they hold the nursing pads in place and don't make me feel like I'm wearing a bra (otherwise I'd tend to go without). I make my own nursing pads out of hemp fleece as it's ultra soft, absorbent, and just thick enough that one layer is enough but thin enough that it doesn't show through.
YummyYarnAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm on the smaller side too and I got a Yes nursing bra off ebay (like Bravado..not as $$). It's like a sports bra that you pull over your head. I've like mine. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #8
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Birth and Baby has a good selection of small bras and from what I understand a good return policy (they are local to me so I've never mail ordered from them) if you wanted to get a few to try...

http://www.birthandbaby.com/shop/cat...gory1005.shtml

hth!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
2under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use just a regular sports bra and LOVE it, way more than all my "nursing" bras. you just lift it up on the side you are nursing.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:18 AM   #10
Amanda2319
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm an A-small B and the only thing that fits me are the Motherwear bras, and nursing tanks. I found cloth pads to be bulky, if I am going out in a dress and need something smoother underneath I use the Lansinoh sposie pads.

Amanda2319 is offline   Reply With Quote