Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Contractions while working what to do?

I was a cashier and worked thru all of my pregnancies. She needs to go in and tell her doctor I WANT TO BE TAKEN OFF WORK, NOW. Until she does that, they are going to treat her like any other complaining big pregnant woman.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can she try going to L&D and being seen by an on-call doc. Or seeing another doc in the practice?
I'd be pissed they were dismissing my problems.

When I was preggo with #1, I was gaining weight daily (5lbs in one night), swelling, headaches, and even though my BP was "normal", it was continuously rising compared to my normal BP throughout my pregnancy.
I ended up being induced a week early because things just kept going up.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

just curious, what is pitting? I had horrible swelling withmy last pregnancy... this one so far so good.. but ive never heard that term before... just want to know in case its something I need to look out for. thanks!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #14
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsybikes View Post
I don't have experience with this, but sounds like she needs a new doctor.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I was a cashier and worked thru all of my pregnancies. She needs to go in and tell her doctor I WANT TO BE TAKEN OFF WORK, NOW. Until she does that, they are going to treat her like any other complaining big pregnant woman.
Didn't work. I will update about appointment below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Can she try going to L&D and being seen by an on-call doc. Or seeing another doc in the practice?
I'd be pissed they were dismissing my problems.

When I was preggo with #1, I was gaining weight daily (5lbs in one night), swelling, headaches, and even though my BP was "normal", it was continuously rising compared to my normal BP throughout my pregnancy.
I ended up being induced a week early because things just kept going up.
I don't think she can switch Dr's in the practice. They have all her appointments through EDD scheduled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 View Post
just curious, what is pitting? I had horrible swelling withmy last pregnancy... this one so far so good.. but ive never heard that term before... just want to know in case its something I need to look out for. thanks!
Pitting is when you put her finger on the swollen area for 30 seconds and let go. If it takes more then a few seconds..definitely more then 30 seconds to return to normal color and height it is pitting. Her was over a minute. I forget time now.

Ok update on today's appointment.
The Dr refused to fill out the temporary leave paper calling it fraud! It has a check for pregnancy right there, it is not fraud! Her bp was I think 146/90 first then 138 or so/90. about half hour apart and laying down on left side! She was given a FFN(Fetal fibroconin something test to test for signs of delivery in next two weeks) and 24 hour urine test. Here is the kicker the Dr wants her out of work for tomorrow. There is a good chance she could get fired if she is out tomorrow! She can't keep doing this out of work crap without a medical leave. Can it come back on the Dr if the Dr knows she could be fired and refuses to do anything? A dr's note doesn't make a huge difference. Dr also said if the 24 hr urine comes back normal then they will treat the BP. Is this normal? What about the other signs?
I am so frustrated. She and her husband are also.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

That stinks they won't fill out her temporary leave form. All that stress that all this is causing her is not good for her or baby. I'm guessing & only cause this is how it was for me that if they don't find protein in her urine their just gonna treat her as if she is just having the high blood pressure & considering her swelling normal. I'd have to hit that dr & blame it on hormones. Lol! I hope all goes well for her. It sounds like she's gonna have to treat herself on her own time & just relax all she can at home. Idk this dr is making me mad but my dr said without proof they can't treat for it although she's having all signs unless she's wants the urine to prove it also. I'm just hoping for a safe delivery for her at her due time I don't want this to be serious for her & I'm hoping doc is right & were all just over worried cause of her swelling & Bp! Let us know op!
lilannies mama is online now   Reply With Quote