Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Birthing things

With #1, I tore (TMI) from one hole to the other...and I swear it felt like it took FOREVER to heal. The doc was trying to do the episiotomy, but I was literally | | that close to delivering. Every time he tried (I won't be too descriptive), it brought on a contraction and I delivered without the episiotomy. I was *so* worried about tearing with #2. Nothing really different happened between #1 and #2 regarding how fast labor was and how it progressed....but no episiotomy. And I also think that the dr sewed me up a little too tight with I was really glad no tear or anything with #2. So, anyway....I don't think just because you tear or get cut with #1, it necessarily means that either would have to happen with subsequent children.

Jenelle SAHM to Kain (01/27/04) Drake (08/22/05)
~*55 lbs lost, 25 to go!*~
jls~Kain~Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

yep, true. just because you tore with one wont mean you will with the next
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I had an episiotomy with #1 (my Dr would only do one if necessary) with #2 I had a 2nd degree laceration, #3 I didnt need cut & I didnt tear at all. BTW, my babies were 5#4oz, 6#13oz & 6#1oz. I had a spinal with #2 & #3 and never needed a catheder (maybe because I got it sooo close to delivery that they didnt even have time to work....) & it was never mentioned that I would require one. Ask your Dr what the "routine" is for them. ALSO I got the IV meds & all it did was make me dizzy & dry heave, AWFUL CRAP!!
~*Robin*~ SAHM to Hannah 14 Julia 11 Sofia 7,
Ava 5
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote