Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
The chiropractor helped me sooo much. I started seeing mine at 20 weeks because I wanted to prevent this one from being breech like my first. I had horrible hip and back with my first pregnancy and started having it with this one. I was super sore after the first visit and I was soooo out of alignment she had me come back 2 days later. After the second adjustment I felt a ton better. I went twice a week for two weeks, then once a week and by then every other week. My back didn't really need any continued treatment after that, it was great. I'm continuing every 2 weeks right now because my pelvis and ligaments get out of whack really easy and I don't want another breech situation. If it wasn't for that I would say treatment took 6 visits total.

Advertisement

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
dani_p
Registered Users

I literally hobbled into my chiro's office and skipped out the door. I had pubic symphysis separation and was in excruciating pain. She saved me. Since then I have moved and seen a few different ones. I've found that local HB midwives know the best chiropractors.
Expecting number two (04/14)!
dani_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #13
risata
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did the Chiropractor REALLY work???

I worked for a chiro for the better part of five years. He adjusted me as needed throughout two pregnancies which was wonderful. He is a WONDERFUL doctor who really cares about his patients. He doesn't keep people coming back if they don't really need continued care.

My SIL had terrible sciatic pain at one point during her second pregnancy -- a few adjustments completely eliminated it.

In addition, while working there I saw several pregnant patients get relief through getting adjusted.

I highly recommend finding a chiro who practices low- or non-force technique, someone who won't twist, pop, or crack anything. A forceful adjustment isn't necessary and carries the risk of further injury. They should be able to adjust your daughter as well, or at least evaluate her to see if chiropractic would be helpful.

If you go, don't be surprised if you are sore afterward. Sometimes it does feel worse before it starts to feel better. Already inflamed muscles will be irritated by things being put back into place.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #14
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Webster trained- yes very much. One time gives short relief though so expect to go back but all in all SO worth the $$. I went once a month while pregnant (horrible back pain) and now go probably once every 6-8 month while not pregnant and its been wonderful for us. I our chiro!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Your insurance may cover it also. Even Iowa Medicaid cover chiro for Mom and babies. Now that I know that, with our next one, I will be doing that. So maybe check into that.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an apt on Monday. My friend works for this office and highly recommends it. She did it weekly during her pregnancy.
I just pray it works.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
lyterae
Registered Users
seller

The chiropractor is wonderful, both of my kids also get adjusted regularly (every 2-3 weeks). I'm 35 weeks pregnant now and I just switched to weekly (or sometimes more) visits as my hip and lower back pain has been increasing. My chiro is not certified in Webster but they all have knowledge of it (it's something they learn in school) and they were able to use the webster technique to help flip our breech baby.
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What all did they do when you went (for those who have gone)

I went once with DS, which makes me nervous because I had the SAME pain and he was breech until 38 weeks. I want the pain to go away and to prevent this baby from trying to go breech. Maybe something moved and it making my uterus off balance or something?
When I went last time, all he did was something to my lower back. Didn't help, but I only went once.

What should I expect?
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
What all did they do when you went (for those who have gone)

I went once with DS, which makes me nervous because I had the SAME pain and he was breech until 38 weeks. I want the pain to go away and to prevent this baby from trying to go breech. Maybe something moved and it making my uterus off balance or something?
When I went last time, all he did was something to my lower back. Didn't help, but I only went once.

What should I expect?
So you are currently 38 weeks preg right now? The Webster method is a chiropractic adjustment you can have done to flip your baby head down but I would call and ask around to see if a specific chiropractor is trained in this method.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #20
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've had several chiropractors. The first few were not worth it. The current one is gold. I have some severe things wrong w/ my body, so it is not something where I get "all better" at a certain point. There is always something to work on. He is really sharp to how the body works together, kinesiology, etc. Some chiropractors do nothing but basic adjustments. He helps everything from my bowels to my sinuses. However, it is extremely painful--moreso for me than most of his patients (again my body is a special case), but we still joke together in the waiting room about how we willingly sign up for torture. He's just so much more effective than anyone else I've been to. Now occasionally I will have a visit where things are worse rather than better for a day afterward. But I just tell him the next visit, and he adjusts his technique. He is also very good at trying alternative things when I come in with my pain levels already off the charts. He doesn't look at me or any of his patients as though there is one way to treat our bodies every week. He observes and reads the body. I'm often amazed at what he can tell about how my week or day has been; for instance, he will touch a spot and say, "Oh, your blood sugar is super low, isn't it?" That's all to say, don't be afraid of pain in the process, and listen to hear if clients are saying that he listens to their bodies well and sees the whole picture. Also don't be shy to tell him what is happening in your body, for instance, if his working on area is making an adjacent area feel a little tighter; he may have already picked up on the way pain is traveling, but it doesn't hurt to make his or her job a little easier through good communication. Over the course of the first year I saw my chiropractor he became more effective both b/c he was "learning my body" and b/c I was feeling more comfortable communicating with him (and also more comfortable with allowing him to touch very private areas, which is necessary b/c, for instance, I broke my tail bone years ago and had it heal improperly). Just my 2.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 10-21-2013 at 06:10 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote