Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #101
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

I am actually on the elliptical right now. Miracle of all miracles!

Advertisement

yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #102
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have lived either in anchorage or wasilla my whole life so 34 years

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #103
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty
Cure for exhaustion is pineapple juice
I am gonna give it a try! Thanks, I had no idea and I live pineapple!

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily {May 2007}, Lilly {November 2008}, Joseph {July 2010}, Maggie {July 2012} & Expecting a newbie {June 2014}. Sent from my iPad using DS forum.
Married to the love of my life and lucky momma to our 5 kids! Pregnant with #6!
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #104
weintz8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Chatter for June Babies 10/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2makenzie View Post
OH YAH! This gives me hope! I currently average 20 miles/week and I'd love to be able to run as long as physically possible. I ran 3 miles on Sunday, 6 on Monday and then attempted 3 more on Tuesday but started getting terrible lower abdominal pains. I was so worried that it was going to be a permanent thing. I didn't work out AT.ALL. with either of my other pregnancies so this is completely foreign territory this time around. I love the 30DS (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to) and her other one, Ripped in 30. The only thing that's not safe to do is abs after so many weeks simply because you're laying on your back, right?
The research I have done on laying on your back for short periods of exercise has been mixed. I have done ab work up to 40 weeks and not had any problems. Thats definitely an ask your doc/midwife question (my standard answer I have to give as a "Certified Trainer" so you can't sue me ;-) ) I ran a half marathon at 26 weeks, and a 10K at 33 weeks. Its totally what you are comfortable with and what your doctor will allow. Due to exercise being my livelihood, my doctor had to really do her research as to what was safe as opposed to what they normally "recommend".

Yes, I was talking about The 30 day shred. Its my all time favorite. Im not as big a fan of Ripped in 30 but hey - you got to change it up every once in awhile
and Ian (born 6/5/14)
weintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #105
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by weintz8 View Post
The research I have done on laying on your back for short periods of exercise has been mixed. I have done ab work up to 40 weeks and not had any problems. Thats definitely an ask your doc/midwife question (my standard answer I have to give as a "Certified Trainer" so you can't sue me ;-) ) I ran a half marathon at 26 weeks, and a 10K at 33 weeks. Its totally what you are comfortable with and what your doctor will allow. Due to exercise being my livelihood, my doctor had to really do her research as to what was safe as opposed to what they normally "recommend".

Yes, I was talking about The 30 day shred. Its my all time favorite. Im not as big a fan of Ripped in 30 but hey - you got to change it up every once in awhile
YOU ARE A BEAST!

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #106
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

My midwife told me that if it's something that you could handle before, you are probably fine until about 28 weeks....

I dont think someone like me should be running a 10k next week Not a big runner.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #107
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

I've been reading some seriously mixed reviews on what you should and shouldn't do when you're pregnant which is why I was so confused. I run/exercise 5-6days/week now and run an average of 20 miles/week so I'd love to maintain that to some degree. I think I am going to have to invest in a dreadmill though because I'm not sure I'll be able to convince myself to go outside for a run this winter when I'm already exhausted!

My midwife was showing some concern about the fact that not only am I very physically active, but also that I'm a vegetarian. She's concerned about how much protein and iron I'm taking in and asked me to keep a food log for her to review.

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #108
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
I am actually on the elliptical right now. Miracle of all miracles!
YAH!!

Old 10-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #109
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
This questions is for everyone obviously but especially mamas who have been pregnant before since sometimes we show a little sooner, when are you whipping out maternity clothes?!

I weighed myself this morning since I feel so bloated and I am still the same but my gosh any tight pants are uncomfortable around my lower stomach! I got a couple realllllly cute pairs of maternity skinny jeans that aside from the waistband you'd never know were maternity and I honestly think I will be wearing those within the next few weeks just to be more comfy!

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily {May 2007}, Lilly {November 2008}, Joseph {July 2010}, Maggie {July 2012} & Expecting a newbie {June 2014}. Sent from my iPad using DS forum.
This is my 4th pregnancy and by the end of the day my pants are definitely getting tight. I need to invest in a bella band, it was my lifesaver the last time. I'm going to rock my skinny jeans with long tunics as long as I possibly can! Yesterday I wore a skirt and a pair of tights and by the end of the day, my lower abdomen physically hurt.

I bought a huge lot of maternity clothes locally that was a medium/large lot thinking it'd work great, but unfortunately the pants were mostly all larges and I'm swimming in them. So, I'm going to have to go out and buy some. I'd really like to get some of the pants with just a discreet elastic waistband to try for awhile. When I was heavier, I only wore the full panel because they helped round out my mommy belly.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #110
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Anyone ever use Zofran for nausea during pregnancy? I'm trying to gather info on it to weigh my options...
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote