Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Low fluid?

I'm feeling like a big hypochondriac now because I'm always posting with concerns! Ugh. I had a growth ultrasound 10 days ago and while the baby's weight is average her amniotic fluid is low. It's a 7 and I guess the lowest they want it is an 8? My midwife told me to drink a ton of water and get another ultrasound. I don't know if this matters, but I've been losing a little weight at every appointment. Not much, but I'm a few pounds lighter than I was a month ago. I'm 32 weeks. I also have GD, so I think the low carb diet is contributing to the weight loss. Anyhooo, could this just be a dehydration thing? I don't think I'm dehydrated, but I guess you never know!

Advertisement

miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: Low fluid?

Has your blood pressure been okay?
Do you feel like you might be leaking fluid?
Are you going to have it measured again soon?

It's probably fine, can you rest and drink a ridiculous amount of fluid? Also, a random person online said Stevia (the sweetener) helped her, but I don't know about that.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Stevia? So random! No leaking or any other problems. I'm going in on Monday morning for another ultrasound. I'll try to rest and drink a lot til then. Oh well.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had low fluid with my surro baby and it was a 7 and they did a Csection that day. I was 38 weeks tho. With my first DS, I also had low fluid(an 8) and they put me in the hospital overnight with IV fluids. I was 34 weeks then. After the fluids, the fluid was fine! So, I think I just wasn't drinking enough!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
I had low fluid with my surro baby and it was a 7 and they did a Csection that day. I was 38 weeks tho. With my first DS, I also had low fluid(an 8) and they put me in the hospital overnight with IV fluids. I was 34 weeks then. After the fluids, the fluid was fine! So, I think I just wasn't drinking enough!
I'm pushing fluids! My poor bladder:-(. I hate so say it, but I'm kind of freaking out about this! I want to not worry, but it's impossible!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes different nurses delivering the test will get very different results. DD was a week and a half late so they had me start going in for stress tests and the amniotic fluid check. One nurse measure the fluid and got a 5. Went in again and a different nurse got a 14 (or some really high number).
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namiko View Post
Sometimes different nurses delivering the test will get very different results. DD was a week and a half late so they had me start going in for stress tests and the amniotic fluid check. One nurse measure the fluid and got a 5. Went in again and a different nurse got a 14 (or some really high number).
I'm hoping they are wrong. I've heard that testing fluids is actually pretty difficult. The one thing that gives me pause is that when the baby moves it hurts a lot. I can also clearly feel her little elbows etc. I don't know if that means anything though
Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh View Post
I'm hoping they are wrong. I've heard that testing fluids is actually pretty difficult. The one thing that gives me pause is that when the baby moves it hurts a lot. I can also clearly feel her little elbows etc. I don't know if that means anything though
I felt that a lot with my low fluid baby too. I was between 5 and 9 cms from 33 weeks until delivery. It never got low enough for me to be admitted, but it was very stressful. I also had gestational diabetes and did show signs of placental failure by 38 weeks (my insulin needs crashed to 1/3 of what they had been the week before) Baby had no issues during birth and is totally healthy now.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesej View Post
I felt that a lot with my low fluid baby too. I was between 5 and 9 cms from 33 weeks until delivery. It never got low enough for me to be admitted, but it was very stressful. I also had gestational diabetes and did show signs of placental failure by 38 weeks (my insulin needs crashed to 1/3 of what they had been the week before) Baby had no issues during birth and is totally healthy now.
Is this related to GD? I have it, but my numbers have been close to perfect with a lower carb diet. Were you induced? Thank you everyone for your info!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had low fluid with ds2 starting at around 24 weeks. I had u/s weekly at 30 weeks to make sure nothing was wrong and check for knots in my umbilical cord. I had a happy healthy baby who is 4.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote