Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Twins811
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: so I'm curious about pregnancy symptoms..

With ODD I had nausea, leg cramps, and yeast infections
With ODS I had nausea and migraine headaches
With YDS I had nausea and fatigue
With twins (boy/girl) I had nausea, fatigue, headaches, carpal tunnel and cholestasis of pregnancy

Each pg was different except for the nausea!

Advertisement

Twins811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
cormama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 2 very similar pregnancies and one completely different one. My first 2 were mild symptoms, no vomiting, tired but not completely exhausted.....both were GIRLS.
This pregnancy I was sick as a dog the first trimester, vomiting every other day, exhausted beyond belief, major back pain.....and it's ANOTHER GIRL!
So symptoms told me nothing.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove
I think there's truth to being more sick with a girl. The reasoning is that you have double female hormones or something. Anecdotally, with my friends the ones who get sick for longer and/or more severe have girls. Then there's the blogger, Girls Gone Child, that was laid out for weeks and she ended up being pregnant with girl/girl twins.
Either this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody
From what I have read there is no link unless the child has a different father. With my first I didn't ever get sick.(no puking and no symptoms at all) She has a different bio dad than my other 6 who have the same father. I had severe Hg with all of my last 6 babies. One was a boy and 5 were girls. The hg was pretty much as severe with all of them.
Or this.

My first pregnancy was a breeze. No sickness of any kind, tons of energy, I felt great. He is a boy.

My second pregnancy (different father) was worse. I had what I would now call "normal" morning sickness. I would throw up then go about my day no big deal. That lasted through the first tri like they say it's supposed to. She is a girl.

Now this pregnancy takes the cake. Same father as DD. I am 21 weeks, and have been severely sick for about 19 of them. Just recently started feeling a little bed. I have lost weight, been dizzy lots of morning sickness (that lasts 24/7), I had hyperthyroid which has no resolved itself, tremors, fatigue, all kinds of fun stuff. This is another girl.

My cravings have pretty much matched the old wives tales though. I craved super super sweet with my DS and spicy with the girls.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was sick all the time with all of my pregnancies but with the boys it was more dry heaving when I didn't eat with this one (girl) I actually get sick after I eat. I also noticed that with the boys I had a really high libido, with this girl it is the lowest it has ever been. This pregnancy has been the only one where I had acne also. Boys hbs were in the 160s this one has been in the 140s all throughout the pregnancy.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

I was sure DS2 was a girl because it was such a dramatically different pregnancy (well, first tri anyway -- not sick really at all with him but was sick with DS1). Nope. 2 boys!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
My pregnancies have all been the same. 4 boys and 2 girls.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #17
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

So far the only real difference I've noticed is that this baby, a boy, is carrying way up high and round in the belly. Whereas my dd was carried low and more oblong in shape.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #18
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

All my pregnancies were the same. No symptoms or sickness at all and all were boys.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My pregnancies have really been the same. I have a girl, a boy, and now I'm pregnant with twins. I never had any clue I was having twins until 2 babies popped up on my 18 week ultrasound.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #20
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My kids are boy, girl, boy. The only real difference in my pregnancies was that I had awful morning sickness with my daughter, while it was fairly mild with my boys.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote