Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
Juvanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm falling out of love...

With my Fuzzibunz. I really liked my xsmall, my OS are pretty good, but my smalls? I think I...hate them. Gasp!! I got 9 off eBay and they were in eeeuc, VERY fluffy, but I just don't think they are a good fit for my LO. They just seem SO bulky! I know I jumped the gun when I sold off her xsmalls because I was so worried of her growing out of them. But now I realize she could have gone another month with them. Ugh. Are FB just bulking in general? Her Peachy Greens and Bottombumpers fit so trim, but I like fleece pockets because they keep her dry better (we have recently encountered our first big rash). Are FB just not for us? I convinced myself they were the best for us before my LO was even born and now I feel like a fool!
Ok that's dramatic.
Is there a pocket diaper with a more narrow cratch? A trimmer fit? Help me love again!

Advertisement

Juvanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm falling out of love...

Thirsties is going to be releasing a OS pocket soon, I believe it will be a fleece inner. That doesn't help you now, though!

I like AMP duo pockets, they are fairly trim and keep baby dry.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
czyadgrl
Registered Users
seller

Hello!

I have visited the 3 cd stores within 30 mins of my house (one had a WALL of various brands, it was amazing) and ordered several new trying to find just that. Nothing I have seen yet compares to the trimness of PG and BBs.

I sometimes use a contoured bamboo fleece soaker (it's actually considered a booster and can luckily get away with just that) in an alva and it wears much trimmer than the usual pocket inserts. Just ordered a couple prefold conversions from Nanas and gave her the measurements of the PG width. Really curious to see how they turn out, I can let you know. It's more like an AIO though.
czyadgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Peachy greens were the trimmest that I found for my son. You could try layer a fleece layer on top of the soaker to give her the stay dry feel.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Juvanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcurrie View Post
Peachy greens were the trimmest that I found for my son. You could try layer a fleece layer on top of the soaker to give her the stay dry feel.
That's a great idea thank you!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
MomBecks
Registered Users

You may like Blueberry Basix too.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
srbordenstein
Registered Users
seller

I liked fuzzibunz newborn okay, but hated the bigger sizes. We are now 70% bumgenius with a few simplex for diversity. The 4.0 pockets ate SO much better, imo
srbordenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
Juvanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by czyadgrl View Post
Hello!

I have visited the 3 cd stores within 30 mins of my house (one had a WALL of various brands, it was amazing) and ordered several new trying to find just that. Nothing I have seen yet compares to the trimness of PG and BBs.

I sometimes use a contoured bamboo fleece soaker (it's actually considered a booster and can luckily get away with just that) in an alva and it wears much trimmer than the usual pocket inserts. Just ordered a couple prefold conversions from Nanas and gave her the measurements of the PG width. Really curious to see how they turn out, I can let you know. It's more like an AIO though.
Yes please let me know!