Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Wool and daycare.

OK... I think I want to start sending Lulu to daycare in her wool longies. Am I insane? Is that too mean to our wonderful DCP? I have hand-knit longies and Kushies and Mother Ease fitteds.

If you send wool to daycare, how do you do it? I have no clue!

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wouldn't unless you want them ruined. :/
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it would depend on your DCP. When DS1 was in daycare, his first DCP made no attempt to keep him from messing up his clothes. He had a separate wardrobe of clothes for daycare only. The second DCP was much better with clothing and would take off the boys shirts if she was feeding them pasta and I didn't have to buy him a second wardrobe. So I guess it depends on how careful she is with clothing. Also I wouldn't send her in something that you would be devastated if it got ruined. But as long as she knows not to throw them in the wash with regular clothing I think it would be ok.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wool and daycare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
I wouldn't unless you want them ruined. :/
This. I would be very nervous about them getting ruined. You could always do fleece or some cheaper upcycled wool.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't wool. But I think you'd def want to talk with your provider first. Is it a center? how many different teachers does she have? If it's small and only a couple teachers that you could talk with maybe, if it's a large place with tons of teachers, and switching rooms, and random floater teachers or subs than not sure.

It would be tough for them to understand. I think. I agree with playing outside and whatnot my son comes back DIRTY. Our DC often washes clothes that get wet and dirty so they would have to fully understand that.

Would they change often enough that they would never feel like the wool is "wet" or dirty... I could see our place having a hard time accepting reusing something -- they aren't allowed (state rules) to reuse covers or anything.

I think it's not impossible if your place is small but you would really need to sit down and talk with them... more than just 5 min before class starts...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 10-26-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD (currently 13 months) wore wool lingies all last winter to daycare. I did AIO or pockets under. She will wear them this winter also.

I hqvent had any issues.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

I take care of my friends kids at my home now. Theyre both PTd but if they werent Id do wool...
My only thing is, that we spend lots of time outside and I do not make kids stay super clean while rollin/runnin in the grass or playing with sand/dirt....so it would need to be play woolies.
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Kait5757
Registered Users
seller
seller

My ds doesn't go to daycare yet because dh stays home with him, but eventually he will have to go. I've been wondering this myself! I'm honestly planning on picking daycare based on this! Lol. I think as long as they have an understanding of it, you should be fine.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

We never had a problem using wool at dc but I'd think of potential problems ahead of time and make sure you address them.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
pagodagirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS1 goes to preschool 2 days a week and though he is PL he still wears his woolies often. But I'm really laissez faire about our wool - his woolies are all sturdy toddler bases and I have always found that wool cleans much better than most other things actually. they've never had any problem with them, they just comment about how cute his pants are.