Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:
Water broke last night - got sent home from L&D today! So frustrated!

6:30pm last night we were eating at a chinese restaurant and I felt a pop and pain, then a trickle. I went to the bathroom and a bunch of fluid gushed out in the toilet. It was warm and was definitely coming from my vagina. I put a wad of TP in my undies and told DH we needed to go. Called the MW who told me to hang at home until I started having contractions or to go in the morning if nothing was happening. I had some regular contractions 2-5pm with a trickle here and there and they were starting to get intense and then they pittered out so I got some sleep. Woke about 7:30 and went in to L&D.

Test strips negative for amniotic fluid, no more trickle or gushing. Ferning test was also negative. I am dilated to 2 and very soft, but no regular contractions so there was no reason to keep me. I have no idea what to make of it. I am 110% certain my water broke (this is my 6th baby after all, I know what it feels like!!!) but MW seemed to act like it didn't because I wasn't leaking anymore and she could feel a bag in front of baby's head. But she said its possible to have a high leak and have it seal off and maybe that happened but its rare. And since its not leaking anymore baby should be safe and they'd rather give me more time anyway (I am 37 wks).

I need advise or hugs or any BTDT stories. I feel really confused.

Advertisement

And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Katie180
Registered Users
seller

I have heard of the bag resealing and also the babies head "plugging" any more water from leaking. I have also read that our bodies continue to produce amniotic fluid so stay hydrated! I would listen to your midwife but also listen to your momma instinct if you feel like you need to go in do it!
Katie180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Water broke last night - got sent home from L&D today! So frustrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie180 View Post
I have heard of the bag resealing and also the babies head "plugging" any more water from leaking. I have also read that our bodies continue to produce amniotic fluid so stay hydrated! I would listen to your midwife but also listen to your momma instinct if you feel like you need to go in do it!
I totally agree with, unless you're GBS+.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

My water resealed with my first. They knew it had broken because the test showed it before it resealed, so they waited a day, then broke my water, and I had him within an hour! Good luck!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

how frustrating.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

How frustrating, mama. No advice or BTDT, but I can empathize with the confusion & frustration! Is there anything fantastic or some treat-like activity you can distract yourself with?
Old 10-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How frustrating. i had a high leak with #1 but was continuously leaking when I went in and was 4cm dilated and completely effaced and having contractions ( I couldn't feel them but the monitor picked them up easily) and only 35 weeks so they wouldn't let me go home. Had him that night. Glad i didn't' go home cause he came really quick once things got going.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
You may have had a double amniotic sac. My mom had one with my little brother. Her water broke just like that and she went into the hospital. They went ahead and induced and then half way through discovered that her water was still intact. Her doctor went to break it and it was extremely tough because it was two layers where the two bags of water were next to each other. It always made me wonder if she had a vanishing twin that they never caught (routine early ultrasounds weren't common then) and that sac was all that remained.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Thanks to everyone for your support. Its been a tough day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84 View Post
I totally agree with, unless you're GBS+.
I am not, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
My water resealed with my first. They knew it had broken because the test showed it before it resealed, so they waited a day, then broke my water, and I had him within an hour! Good luck!
I am totally sure that if I had gone in last night, they would have seen the positive strip. Midwife told me to stay home and while that is good advice usually (who likes to be there before you need to yk?) in my situation I think it made things really unclear. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGiggles View Post
How frustrating, mama. No advice or BTDT, but I can empathize with the confusion & frustration! Is there anything fantastic or some treat-like activity you can distract yourself with?
Well I did a lot of walking today and we went baby shopping. Bought some cute things I am going to wash up and organize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momEmac View Post
You may have had a double amniotic sac. My mom had one with my little brother. Her water broke just like that and she went into the hospital. They went ahead and induced and then half way through discovered that her water was still intact. Her doctor went to break it and it was extremely tough because it was two layers where the two bags of water were next to each other. It always made me wonder if she had a vanishing twin that they never caught (routine early ultrasounds weren't common then) and that sac was all that remained.
I have wondered this as well. That may have been what it is if it wasn't a high leak. I do sometimes get a little bit of dampness but I feel like there isn't enough there to test and I don't want to go in and have them just send me home again.

DH took today and tomorrow off to be here in case things start moving again. He was going to be working out of town the next three days and you can see why that would be a problem. I figure in the next 24 hours or so its going to go one way or the other. The baby is super active, but honestly I do feel like my fluid is low. Movements are a lot sharper, and I can feel him turn his head on my cervix and it HURTS when he does. I have been wearing a pad and it feels damp to me but its similar to the one I took to the hosp and they couldn't get a positive test from it so I don't want to go in again. I wish I had swiped some of those test strips and brought them home with me!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Did they not do a ultrasound to measure the water? That's my first though. Other then that, I just got hugs! I'd be so bummed out!