Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #11
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Water broke last night - got sent home from L&D today! So frustrated!

I'm sorry. I can understand how flustering it must be!
With #3 my water started leaking heavy!
The initial test was neg, but the test under the microscope showed it was fluid, however, I never felt a huge pop or gush of water, until about 30min before he was born and I had the biggest pop and gush and he was born about 30min with the most intense contractions!!!!

Advertisement

trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
Did they not do a ultrasound to measure the water? That's my first though. Other then that, I just got hugs! I'd be so bummed out!
No but I think in hindsight that needed to happen! This sort of happened with my first. It wasn't nearly as much though! It was more a wet spot on the bed. This was a huge gush (unfortunately all in the toilet so nothing to test!) and I threw away the pad I was wearing that had the most in it. Anyway with my first they did an U/S and it showed low fluid so they induced. I asked her about measuring it and she said since baby is moving fine and I am not leaking, my body will make more and replenish it. I think I am going to ask the midwife (different one) tomorrow at my appt about having an u/s. However, this is a VBAC (I have had 3 successful) and I am only 37 wks and its their policy to avoid induction, especially VBACs. I don't even think they'd give me pit if I had a positive test - they'd probably just make me walk and walk until it was down to the wire. We've had this discussion and its one of my fears. Not that I want pitocin, but I want it to be an option if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
I'm sorry. I can understand how flustering it must be!
With #3 my water started leaking heavy!
The initial test was neg, but the test under the microscope showed it was fluid, however, I never felt a huge pop or gush of water, until about 30min before he was born and I had the biggest pop and gush and he was born about 30min with the most intense contractions!!!!
Yes, see even though they broke my water manually during my other labors, I remember there being a definitely ebb and flow and plenty of time I was bone dry. She made me feel like I should be continuously leaking fluid and copious amounts of it to "count". It had been well over 12 hours since my break when she checked me and so if it had resealed I am sure there was nothing left to give a positive strip or microscope test.

I am having some pretty strong contractions now and I am just sitting here typing. Haven't started timing but they are getting my attention. Yowza. DH reminded me I am a night birther - all our boys were born in the middle of the night. If things get regular like they were last night, I am going right in. I am also saving any of my pads in a plastic bag to take with me!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #13
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momEmac
You may have had a double amniotic sac.
This is what I was going to say. Who knows but it may have been a possibility. Either way good luck!

Those last few weeks can feel so long!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 10-27-2013 at 10:56 PM.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hopefully your holding your baby by now!!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver)O(Moon View Post
6:30pm last night we were eating at a chinese restaurant and I felt a pop and pain, then a trickle. I went to the bathroom and a bunch of fluid gushed out in the toilet. It was warm and was definitely coming from my vagina. I put a wad of TP in my undies and told DH we needed to go. Called the MW who told me to hang at home until I started having contractions or to go in the morning if nothing was happening. I had some regular contractions 2-5pm with a trickle here and there and they were starting to get intense and then they pittered out so I got some sleep. Woke about 7:30 and went in to L&D.

Test strips negative for amniotic fluid, no more trickle or gushing. Ferning test was also negative. I am dilated to 2 and very soft, but no regular contractions so there was no reason to keep me. I have no idea what to make of it. I am 110% certain my water broke (this is my 6th baby after all, I know what it feels like!!!) but MW seemed to act like it didn't because I wasn't leaking anymore and she could feel a bag in front of baby's head. But she said its possible to have a high leak and have it seal off and maybe that happened but its rare. And since its not leaking anymore baby should be safe and they'd rather give me more time anyway (I am 37 wks).

I need advise or hugs or any BTDT stories. I feel really confused.
It happened to me with number !! It was a slow trickle but I KNEW it was my water....after that many kids you know the difference! So we went to the hospital ( I was 39 1/2 weeks )....when they checked they said it was negative for amniotic fluid, but said sometimes you can get a tear in the bag that reseals. Since I was already dilated to 3 and full term ( and having contractions although they were irregular ) they kept me...I stalled out at 5 cm and they ended up breaking my water, and it was fast after that! So yeah, the bag resealing definitely happens! But it just seemed so crazy...I didn't know that could happen...
Old 10-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I water started leaking she tested me with a strip and it came back negative. She checked it under a microscope and confirmed that it was amniotic fluid. Did they do that?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #17
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My sister had the double sac thing too. I'd never heard if of before that.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm hoping since we haven't heard from her in so long that she's busy cuddling her newborn right now!!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

No baby yet. Just been busy. I saw the MW today and she agrees I probably had a double sac. We did an ultrasound and baby looks great and there is plenty of fluid so we are just going to wait. Good news is I am dilated to 3cm, very soft, and 75% effaced. Lots of pressure and contractions, just nothing regular yet! Hoping things get moving soon though if he wants to hang in there a little longer I am ok with that. I am still just 37 wks 2 days.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #20
Emmalily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh yay! I'm glad everything is going well!