Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Mrs.RTH
Registered Users
seller

Re: Just switched to cloth and my DS hates it

I'm hoping it's just a phase! I'd hate to have done all this research and spent the money on cloth to have to give it up after a month. The part that makes me wonder if it's the diapers and not just a phase (he went through a phase like this when he learned to crawl) is that we still use disposables at night and for going out, and when I change him into one of those he doesn't fight me. At most he tries to roll over and sit up, but he doesn't cry and scream like he does when I put him in cloth (and most of the time he just lays nicely until I get done with the diaper change). I've been using cloth for about 3 weeks and I still get the same reaction during changes. I'm wondering if he's just been in disposables so long that he hates the lack of stretch and the bulk of cloth since he's never had to deal with that. I try to distract him with a toy, etc during changes but he just throws it on the floor immediately and continues to fuss.

Advertisement

Mrs.RTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
Mrs.RTH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
you think he might like to pick the diaper you are going to put on? Maybe that will help.
Developmental he's not at a point where he'd be able to help pick. He's behind in a few areas for his age and with something like that he wouldn't even be aware of what he was doing.
Mrs.RTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Probably just not use to the different feeling of cloth yet. It is a different feeling or maybe it's the wetness that's a bother?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.RTH View Post
I'm hoping it's just a phase! I'd hate to have done all this research and spent the money on cloth to have to give it up after a month. The part that makes me wonder if it's the diapers and not just a phase (he went through a phase like this when he learned to crawl) is that we still use disposables at night and for going out, and when I change him into one of those he doesn't fight me. At most he tries to roll over and sit up, but he doesn't cry and scream like he does when I put him in cloth (and most of the time he just lays nicely until I get done with the diaper change). I've been using cloth for about 3 weeks and I still get the same reaction during changes. I'm wondering if he's just been in disposables so long that he hates the lack of stretch and the bulk of cloth since he's never had to deal with that. I try to distract him with a toy, etc during changes but he just throws it on the floor immediately and continues to fuss.
only u know your son. It does sound like he might hate it -- though odd that he only hates it at changing time. Does it react this way only when going from on cloth diaper to another? What about from a sposie to cloth or cloth to sposie? It is possible... :-/
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. DESTASHING HERE!
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dd is 13 months, the only easy Change is a fast one! Love bgos in Velcro for this reason.
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote