Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nervous wreck :(

Hi ladies, so I took a clearblue advance with weeks estimator last week and it came up as pregnant 1-2 which I was surprised about because I thought it would have been 2-3, so I tried not to worry. Woke up and took one today with first morning urine and it said the same, 1-2 weeks so I am pretty much a nervous wreck and I can't help but believe that my pregnancy is not viable. I ovulated sometime between October 4-7 so at the very least I am 5 weeks today and it should have been 2-3 or 3+ weeks. I am not sure what I should do, I feel fine no cramping or spotting and I am nauseated. What I am most sad about is possibly having to tell my kids, we haven't told anyone else yet because we were waiting for the first apt nov 13. I don't know if I will call to be seen sooner or get bloodwork or just wait it out and hope for the best?

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily {May 2007}, Lilly {November 2008}, Joseph {July 2010}, Maggie {July 2012} & Expecting a newbie {June 2014}. Sent from my iPad using DS forum.

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

I've never used that kind but was contemplating getting one to see if my levels are going up. I hesitated doing it for that exact reason. I'm terrified it wouldn't say what I want it too.
I would be freaked out but I really think you're fine. I just feel like those tests surely can't be fool proof. Didn't you use FRERs before? Can you pick up another one of those and see if the line has gotten darker? Or just call your dr/midwife and request a beta be done?
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Nervous wreck :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28 View Post
? Or just call your dr/midwife and request a beta be done?
I would do this ^^ and not rely so heavily on that test. Does it even say how accurate it is?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
seller

Quote:
1. To women detecting pregnancy. Survey of 206 obstetricians and gynecologists conducted by Symphony Health Solutions in June 2013 on pregnancy test recommendations. 2. Average 93% agreement across the Weeks Estimator result categories when compared to ovulation (LH Surge +1), with a range of 84-97%. Indications for use: The Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator is an over-the-counter urine hCG test which is intended for the detection of pregnancy. The test detects hCG in some cases from 4 days before the expected period (which is 5 days before the day of the missed period). This test is only intended for individual use at home. It is not intended for use in a healthcare setting. This test contains a 'Weeks Estimator'. The 'Weeks Estimator' is meant solely as an estimate for the consumer and is not intended as a substitute for a doctor's clinical diagnosis. The 'Weeks Estimator' is not intended for multiple pregnancies. The estimate provided by the device may be inaccurate in these cases. This test cannot be used to determine the duration of pregnancy or to monitor the progression of pregnancy. Your doctor determines how many weeks pregnant you are based on the first day of your last menstrual period and ultrasound results. This test provides a different estimate that cannot be substituted for a doctor's determination of gestational age. Only your doctor can provide a reliable estimate of gestational age and only your doctor can monitor pregnancy progression. You should seek qualified prenatal care if you suspect you are pregnant.
Info from the Clear Blue site.

it's only 93% accurate on average.

Last edited by Hum Bums; 10-28-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nervous wreck :(

Praying for you and your little bean. I would call and ask for bloodwork.
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

I would definitely call for bloodwork and try not to worry until you know something is actually wrong (easier said than done, I know). HCG levels are so tricky and honestly I would never use a pee test to monitor progress. A blood test will give you a much better idea and perhaps they can schedule you for an internal u/s which should show if it is viable. Sending lots of hugs and thoughts your way mama, I know how hard it is!
sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks mamas, I am having such anxiety this time around for some reason. I have a frer I'm taking in a bit, hoping the test line is still nice and dark. I may only be 21 dpo putting me due July 1st so that could possibly explain the digi.

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily {May 2007}, Lilly {November 2008}, Joseph {July 2010}, Maggie {July 2012} & Expecting a newbie {June 2014}. Sent from my iPad using DS forum.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama28
I've never used that kind but was contemplating getting one to see if my levels are going up. I hesitated doing it for that exact reason. I'm terrified it wouldn't say what I want it too.
I would be freaked out but I really think you're fine. I just feel like those tests surely can't be fool proof. Didn't you use FRERs before? Can you pick up another one of those and see if the line has gotten darker? Or just call your dr/midwife and request a beta be done?
Don't get one, while I'm not really sure if it is the case with me, I just read a ton of women saying it wasn't accurate for them and made them worry for nothing!

Old 10-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Pretty sure this settles it, feeling really crushed but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

So sorry mama

But, I don't think you should totally give up hope. P tests aren't meant to track progress and I would still get some blood work done and hopefully they can do an ultrasound to see what they can find and rule out an ectopic pregnancy (I believe a warning sign is low hcg levels - don't mean to worry you any more than you already are, but I think an u/s would be a good idea).

I'll be thinking of you!
sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote