Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kids' tv shows

On the newer animated Thomas the Train episodes I hate that the humans are like robots that do all the work but never talk or interact with the trains. They are like the minions of the trains without any mind of their own. Yet "Thomas" is going going to fix Ol' Wheezy the crane. I have watched that episode about 30 times too many

Advertisement

menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #22
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I hate "Gerald" on Sid the Science Kid. He always runs around the room before sitting down for circle time and the teacher is totally OK with it. Annoys the heck out of me!
So, this is going to sound awful, but this post reminded me of it. When ex-df first saw Sid the Science Kid (which DS1 loves, has a boppy penguin and microphone haha), we had a super detailed debate on whether or not Sid's class was the special needs class at his school because of Gerald. That kid is all over the place!
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
So, this is going to sound awful, but this post reminded me of it. When ex-df first saw Sid the Science Kid (which DS1 loves, has a boppy penguin and microphone haha), we had a super detailed debate on whether or not Sid's class was the special needs class at his school because of Gerald. That kid is all over the place!
It isn't?

I always assumed it was special ed or enrichment given that there are only four kids in the class. Oops.

Granted, I actually loathe Sid and everyone else in his universe so I am basing my opinion on a very small sample.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #24
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post

It isn't?

I always assumed it was special ed or enrichment given that there are only four kids in the class. Oops.

Granted, I actually loathe Sid and everyone else in his universe so I am basing my opinion on a very small sample.
It totally makes sense now.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #25
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok gonna bite. We watch Daniel Tiger all the time. I do not like how they reinforce certain concepts over and over as the right way to act. Like there is no other way to do things? But like it better than most. I love Marthas Speaks! Don't like Thomas almost for the same reason, as Thomas trying to make kids think a certain way? Never watched Caliou, don't have those cable channels just PBS and Disney. We love Miyazaki. Curious George even though I don't like it. What is really weird but calms my son down is Max and Ruby? We only have one video and it seems to mellow the kids out? But where are the parents?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I hate most modern kids shows. They're just annoying! And not educational at all. We love super why, Timmy time, Shaun the sheep...those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I never even showed the kid calliou cause he creeps me out. Ad the wonder pets is just-holy crap! S stupid! Then again I also downloaded fraggle rock and the old muppets for them. and they watch South Park and our shows more than anything...other than that it's all movies since we have no tv services at all.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #27
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashsmama View Post
I hate when cartoon animals have other cartoon animals as pets.
It annoys me when there are no parents around and the kids just go on random adventures. Like, Dora, Max and Ruby, Cat In The Hat..., etc.
Cartoon animals having pets doesn't bother me, but several pets in our family have had pets. My Belgian that passed in March had a barn cat buddy at one of our boarding stables. It slept with him when he was stalled, sat at the gate & watched his arena time, and allowed our horse to pick it up & move it around with his mouth. Our Blue Front Amazon also adopted one of our many dogs. The bird would call BoBo over to his bird cage & only drop treats to that dog.

It does annoy me to no end when cartoon children go on adventures with no adult supervision. But, at the same time I adore watching my kids go on pretend adventures to far away places in our back yard, draw maps, and imaginatively save the day.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #28
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie169 View Post
I hate most modern kids shows. They're just annoying! And not educational at all. We love super why, Timmy time, Shaun the sheep...those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I never even showed the kid calliou cause he creeps me out. Ad the wonder pets is just-holy crap! S stupid! Then again I also downloaded fraggle rock and the old muppets for them. and they watch South Park and our shows more than anything...other than that it's all movies since we have no tv services at all.
I really like Super Why but Timmy Time and Shaun the Sheep I just cannot stand. I can't quite put my finger on why, but they make me want to scratch my eyes out.

Shows we like are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (though Pete annoys me. I dislike that he is a villain who is a good guy...like why does he always get to just set up on the side of the road and start collecting tolls and they all just go along with it?) Super Why, Dinosaur Train (though like another poster mentioned, I get weirded out by predators hanging out with their prey) and our favorite here is Phineas and Ferb. It's probably my favorite kids show ever.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #29
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post
It isn't?

The other side of that argument is it's a small preschool setting. Which, is actually what I find most probable, seeing as how there are no other classrooms in the buildings, other kids in different grades, etc. I've never seen special needs classes restricted/separated to their own campus (for lack of a better word), merely a classroom(s) in a regular school barring severe disabilities or super high needs (like an alternative school for violence prone children or something).

It's frustrating, I want to know answers!
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #30
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
The other side of that argument is it's a small preschool setting. Which, is actually what I find most probable, seeing as how there are no other classrooms in the buildings, other kids in different grades, etc. I've never seen special needs classes restricted/separated to their own campus (for lack of a better word), merely a classroom(s) in a regular school barring severe disabilities or super high needs (like an alternative school for violence prone children or something).

It's frustrating, I want to know answers!
The preschool idea makes sense based on your reasoning but how does it stay open?? Do all the other classes there have fifty kids to cover the costs?

I actually thought about this while watching Daniel Tiger today. Their preschool only has five students but it is obviously some super fancy charter school given its inter-species enrolment. They must get funding.