Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who is happy with their kids just being.....

I love how ds1 takes forever to explain something. He will describe all the things it's not before he actually explain what it is.

I love that ds2 questions things. Example the other day we went to the pediatrician. Some guy started talking to him and he had a strange voice. He asked me why the guy was talking that way. I quietly told him that that is not nice to do that it was how the man talked. So we have issues with ds2 talking silly when asking serious questions. So I asked him "why are you talking like that?" He said "mommy I thought you said it was not nice to ask that?"

I love that dd1 wants to do everything her brothers do and says "me too! Me too!"

I love that dd2 smiles all the time even when she is crying she has a huge smile on her face.

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

Ds2 (he just turned 3) was trying to show me something earlier and I was only half paying attention so he said "Mom, focus" so I would listen to him.

Same son was watching Justine Time earlier and there was yodeling in it so he was marching around the house trying to mimic it. It was so so cute and I wish I had caught it on video.
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ds is 13 months and he hits... but he so clearly does it because he is just sooo excited and cannot contain himself; he doesn't do it because he is frustrated or angry (that's when he bangs his head on the floor). I don't mind his crazy arm flailing and head butts right now. He just wants to share his energy with everyone
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #14
penguinande
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, and here's one. We don't normally go to church, but we do when we visit dh's family. We went at Easter and they called all the kids up and gave them a special gift. When dd got hers she said "Oh my God!" (loud). I'm not religious, but I have to admit to being a little embarrassed. I didn't correct her though. She was just expressing her excitement.
penguinande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #15
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by this_mel_rocks
I love when my 7yr old says something cost too much dollars instead of too much money. It's cute and I won't correct him(plus he knows how to say it right).
This made me laugh! My daughter ALWAYS wants change to buy the cheapy little toys from the machines at the grocery store and she always asks, "Mom, do you have any cents?" I laugh every time - sometimes people really look confused!
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_mel_rocks View Post
I love when my 7yr old says something cost too much dollars instead of too much money. It's cute and I won't correct him(plus he knows how to say it right).
My three year old says "a wibble it" instead of a little bit. NOBODY CORRECT HIM!
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #17
itTbitT
Registered Users

My four year old son, apologized last night for taking such a long time getting ready for bed. He had been in his room buttoning his pj shirt. He, of course, didn't have them lined up right and said, "There wasn't a hole for this last button, so I just put two buttons in one hole!!" He was so proud of himself... And so was I. I just had to squeeze him!
itTbitT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #18
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter asks me how to spell everything!! And not just the word everything, but everything else too. I do it.

My 2 year old loves Mighty Machines and just learned how to say Mighty. I guess I won't be able to show you all how unbelievably adorable it is when he says Mighty. But trust me, it's cute. Oh and the word jam. There is so much cuteness that if he says he wants jam, I get out the bread.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Great post.

Some of my favorite moments are just being around the kids while they're being kids. I love listening to DS making sounds while he's playing with his Bionicle (and sometimes he tells me the heavy duty action stories that his Bionicle is going through). Or DD drawing pictures as gifts for people.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #20
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my kids just being them. Yes they get loud, yes they get crazy, yes they bicker with eachother. But they're kids, they're learning, they're growing and when I'm 60 years old I don't think I'll be saying "I wish my kids were quieter back then".
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote