Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
mamaspice
Registered Users

How's it going everyone? I only have 2 weeks left and I've finally kicked into gear. I feel very behind but my energy has been down during the day and I'm not so productive. I wake up at night when I should be sleeping.

Last week we got the baby furniture out of storage. DD and I wiped it down last night. Tonight I washed all the baby clothes and put them away. Old diapers are ready to go in for a freshening wash and then to get organized. Still have diapers to prep but they are not essential right away

Still need to finish cleaning guest room for midwives to rest, wash birth tub and bring it in, and finish gathering/arranging birth supplies! Birth kit is here, just towels, blankets, etc. Hope I have another week or two to get it all done!

How is everyone else doing?

Advertisement

Last edited by mamaspice; 10-29-2013 at 12:18 AM.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are pretty much done with everything. I've purged our house of all useless crap! Got the swing put up. I'm doing the last load of baby things right now. Diapers are all prepped. We still need to buy a car seat, we will be buying that on Friday. 2 and a half weeks until EDD.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nesting?

I am anti nesting....due sunday and feel like a blimp. Went to clean up the living room yesterday picked up about 3 toys, then said nope, not worth it...lol. I am barely dialated and still only 50% effaced so this baby could be another late comer. I have started like 3 new hobbies in the last week, I have no idea why...it is like I want to do all the things I want before this baby comes or something...so weird.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette
We are pretty much done with everything. I've purged our house of all useless crap! Got the swing put up. I'm doing the last load of baby things right now. Diapers are all prepped. We still need to buy a car seat, we will be buying that on Friday. 2 and a half weeks until EDD.
You reminded me that we need to wash the cover and install the car seat base. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice
You reminded me that we need to wash the cover and install the car seat base. Thanks!
no problem!!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
watermelonsnow38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm 3 1/2 weeks from my due date and I'm a mix of things right now... wanting to get into nesting mode, but still working full time, so lacking the energy to put into housework. Need to wash baby clothes and freshen newborn diapers a friend let us borrow.

Not sure if I'm having a boy or girl, but I need to make sure I have newborn boy clothes. I think I do, but its been a couple of years!

Can't wait until then end of next week... my last week to work til maternity leave comes!!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #7
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Oh yeah, full on nesting mode here. I am scrubbing things that haven't been scrubbed in months. Washed all the baby stuff and got it organized and stored. We are co-sleeping to start but I about had a fit about our horrible bed so we got a new mattress, box springs, frame, sheets and bedcover about a week ago. It feels so nice now, truly our "nest".
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I already went through the baby clothes and put them away a few month ago I'm not quite nesting but I've been sick and I still have 4.5 weeks. I am ready to get the baby's room setup (need DH help) and organize the diapers (just need to purchase the flats). I am waiting for Amazon to give me the registry discount to buy the last few things I want ahead of time.

other big things I need to finish, making wet bags (making several including single use ones for daycare). I have a few other sewing projects I'd like to accomplish (laundry bags and wool cradle pad) because I didn't start sewing again after LO#1 for a couple years. I forgot I need to buy a hamper for the new LO, hmm....

I also need to CLEAN the toys that's been hanging over me and I don't really want to start. I should have done it when it was warmer out so it could do alot of it outside.

I still need to get christmas and LO#1 birthday ready. I know everything I want to buy for him but I just need to do it. I also need to figure out other people.

Oh and back the birth center bag!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 10-30-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
mamaspice
Registered Users

Birth tub is clean and inside! That is a big weight off of my mind. Need to pick up some salt for it today.

I am still freshening/prepping diapers and organizing birth supplies.

I'd like to get a couple meals in the freezer still.

I got a Waldorf doll kit for dd (2 yrs) in the mail and would love to at least have the face and body done close to baby time. I figure I can put a hat and onesie on it and finish hair and clothes later. It doesn't look too tough as I got the head and body pre-made.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I packed baby's bag and mine. It's weird because I've never packed a bag before labor, ever. Hopefully that means. Baby soon!