Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
CaronForEachOther
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Nesting?

I didnt do too much nesting until about 38 weeks and have been nesting like crazy ever since! 39w3d today and ready for baby to show up already

Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #12
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband says I'm nesting.... For some reason, that word has always bugged me. Everyone has always made a huge deal of me cleaning the house whenever I'm pregnant. Like, "Ooooh, you mopped your floors!!! You MUST be nesting!" Uh, no... the floors were gross, I have 3 kids who spill nasties on them all day long, so I cleaned them!

Anyways, I have been doing a lot of extra cleaning lately. I scrubbed the fridge and organized it Tuesday, and have been getting rid of tons of stuff. My local thrift store guy knows my name because I am always in there dropping stuff off! All of the baby clothes and diapers are washed and folded. My bedroom is clean and birth supplies are set our on my bedroom dresser. I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought enough food so that I won't have to go shopping for a month. Today is rainy and icky outside, so I'm planning on getting some sewing and mending done, and if the rain lets up, I'll go clean out our dog kennel.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandk
My husband says I'm nesting.... For some reason, that word has always bugged me. Everyone has always made a huge deal of me cleaning the house whenever I'm pregnant. Like, "Ooooh, you mopped your floors!!! You MUST be nesting!" Uh, no... the floors were gross, I have 3 kids who spill nasties on them all day long, so I cleaned them!

Anyways, I have been doing a lot of extra cleaning lately. I scrubbed the fridge and organized it Tuesday, and have been getting rid of tons of stuff. My local thrift store guy knows my name because I am always in there dropping stuff off! All of the baby clothes and diapers are washed and folded. My bedroom is clean and birth supplies are set our on my bedroom dresser. I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought enough food so that I won't have to go shopping for a month. Today is rainy and icky outside, so I'm planning on getting some sewing and mending done, and if the rain lets up, I'll go clean out our dog kennel.
Sounds like nesting to me. The "extra" part, not the routine cleaning. Are you homebirthing too? When are you due?

I am due on the 12th but feel like I might go early. I still feel like I am behind but I do have the "have tos" done. I just have a lot more "I'd like tos" on my list! Laundry is still backed up to Timbuctu so that is one of my main focuses today.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice View Post
Sounds like nesting to me. The "extra" part, not the routine cleaning. Are you homebirthing too? When are you due?

I am due on the 12th but feel like I might go early. I still feel like I am behind but I do have the "have tos" done. I just have a lot more "I'd like tos" on my list! Laundry is still backed up to Timbuctu so that is one of my main focuses today.
I am homebirthing... This will be my second born at home! I am due on the 11th. I thought I would come early this time with all the hard contractions I've been having for the last month, but it's not looking like it's going to happen.

I have all the 'have tos' done as well... now my focus is just KEEPING the house clean, so I don't have to do it while I'm in labor!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #15
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandk

I am homebirthing... This will be my second born at home! I am due on the 11th. I thought I would come early this time with all the hard contractions I've been having for the last month, but it's not looking like it's going to happen.

I have all the 'have tos' done as well... now my focus is just KEEPING the house clean, so I don't have to do it while I'm in labor!
Maybe we will be labor buddies! Any action for you yet? Just Braxton Hicks here but starting to get a little harder.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm definitely nesting lately. Must scrub all the things!
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote