Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
mgjg1206
Registered Users
seller

Cloth wipes?

To use cloth wipes or not. Opinions please and reasons why. TIA

Advertisement

mgjg1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloth wipes?

I use cloth wipes because I got sick of picking the disposable wipes out of the daycare wet bag at the end of the day. I didn't want to ask my daycare to do yet another thing, so it was easier for me to just do ALL cloth. I also don't like how non-cloth wipes smell and feel.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Kendra&Baby..
Registered Users
seller

I've been using disposables almost full time lately. If i do use cloth I only use it for pee dipes. I have a boy and fuzzies from the wipes are always getting stuck everywhere. They're probably harmless but it drive me crazy lol could depend on the type of wipe you buy though. I have Thirsties brand, not sure exactly which ones but they're the two sided colorful ones if that helps. I can't ever use them for poo dipes though. Just makes a mess, IMO. A lot of people use them with no problems. I really just think it's a personal preference.
Kendra&Baby.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I use cloth wipes at home and sposie wipes when out. My wipes are flannel on one side and terry on the other. They are amazing for poo diapers! They are from GmD.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
madmollyann
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra&Baby..
I've been using disposables almost full time lately. If i do use cloth I only use it for pee dipes. I have a boy and fuzzies from the wipes are always getting stuck everywhere. They're probably harmless but it drive me crazy lol could depend on the type of wipe you buy though. I have Thirsties brand, not sure exactly which ones but they're the two sided colorful ones if that helps. I can't ever use them for poo dipes though. Just makes a mess, IMO. A lot of people use them with no problems. I really just think it's a personal preference.
I hate the thirsties wipes. We just repurposed them as wash cloths in the dining room. We use cloth wipes, but prefer 1 layer jersey or flannel. Like PP said, the ease of throwing everything into one pail is totally worth it. I also love that I have total control of the chemicals/scents.
madmollyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

They clean SO much better than disposable wipes, IMO. I wet them as needed with a peri bottle filed with distilled water and a few drops of Kissaluvs concentrate. I also spray the bum with the Kissaluvs lotion when needed. We do use disposable diapers part-time but when I'm changing one at home, I generally use my cloth wipes because they are more effective at wiping away my son's sticky poops and the essential oils in the spray have protective anti-bacterial properties.

I use the single-layer white flannel wipes from GMD. They have held up wonderfully, create no lint or fuzzies, and just get softer and softer. Bought 4 dozen but 3 dozen would be enough.

Last edited by BusyPAMommy; 11-01-2013 at 07:45 PM.
BusyPAMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
mgjg1206
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies! I think I maybe convinced to use cloth wipes while home and disposables while out and about. Loved the info.
mgjg1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
Ark2003
Registered Users

I mostly use cheap target 100% cotton washcloths from target. I cut them in quarters then zigzagged the edges. I like them, but they are too small. I also have lots and lots of baby washcloths that are the perfect size and do a great job of cleaning. But they are a cotton/poly blend. I prefer all cotton. A couple years ago, i tried cutting up receiving blankets and zigzagging the edges. But, i didnt like the way the flannel stuck to itself when wet.

I definitely prefer cloth wipes to disposables. I found it was annoying to have to separate trash from diapers. It often takes five disposable wipes to clean as well as one cloth wipe.
Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We use,cloth wipes because they are cheap and easy. My mil made me a ton of them from old flannel blankets
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We use cloth because it is cheaper, easier, and cleans better. I don't remember when we last bought disposable wipes. Maybe 8 years ago. I have tried out I think 15 + different brands of wipes. Most were fine but I didn't really have a preference, except for no bamboo or polyester, until I tried the hemp jersey wipes from CDI or clothdiapersinc. Now we have 4 dozen of those and have repurposed all the rest as family cloth.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote