Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
TyraTooters
Registered Users

GroVia vs Best Bottoms

At the risk of being completely annoying here, yes I'm asking that question!

What are the main differences that make people prefer the GroVia to the Best Bottoms? They seem to have the same concept.

Advertisement

TyraTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
juliefarnsworth87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: GroVia vs Best Bottoms

I'm assuming you mean the hybrids? I like the idea of both and I think on my two week trip across country this coming spring that I am think these might be great for. The idea really appeals to me.

I bought two used grovia shells one velcro one snap converted. I have organic cotton and the fuzz soakers? not sure of the name. I like both. I really like the ones that TPU backed. I don't like the ones that are not TPU backed so much because the mesh on the inside of the cover just gets wet and I don't feel like I can then reuse it making it just like a pocket or AIO. And just another step in my routine. I think the covers fit my LO very well and she has a very chubby tummy and pretty chubby legs. I have a hard time getting BGs to fit her perfect. In addition I have a few Gro-Baby Soakers and boosters and they are similar to the non-TPU backed Boosters.

I also have a Best Bottoms diaper with one MF insert and multiple hemp inserts. I really like that this cover is wipeable. And I like the double gussets on the cover too. I don't like that when the rise is snapped down to the middle-ish setting that the middle sized MF insert is just almost too long. I have to mess with it a little. Nothing wrong with the MF it is very very very soft and I'm not sure what is on the side that touches the baby but it is SO cuddly. On the other hand I also have the hemp inserts. They are awesome too. I have never had another hemp insert and I really like them. They are unbelievably absorbent for how slim they are. I actually bought a ton of these used as well and use them as doublers and inserts for my nighttime pockets and in prefolds when I need more absorbency. The hemp obviously takes longer to dry.

Another idea I have been toying with is making my own soakers and doublers for these. To do this I'd have to replace the snaps on all the doublers and shells. Hurting the resell value probably. But I bought them and they are already really used so maybe it won't matter.
juliefarnsworth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I used both and didn't like either. I think my biggest issue with BB was that the shell was pertty small and didn't have a lot of stretch to it. The absorbency of the soakers worked great. We used them at night for a while. I really wanted to like Grovia but got lots of leaks especially during naps. I couldn't figure out what my issue was (after trying everything) and concluded that they just didn't fit DS.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
qhorses8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Best bottom if you have a small baby or baby isn't a heavy wetter, otherwise grovia.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
March
Registered Users
seller

GroVia makes up most of our stash! Best Bottoms just doesn't do it for me--prefer that GroVia's soakers are OS, prefer the mesh so there's no laminate against the skin, prefer the cut of the shell, prefer the color and print palette, and prefer the integrated loop panel on our hook/loop shells so nothing scratchy touches my babies' tummies.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I liked a few things more about the Grovias.. the mesh inside kept the heat down inside, the fit was more gentle but did not leak. And I liked the overall shape and fit on my guy.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

I prefer grovia as an ai2 system the best bottom is two layers of pul or tpu idk which but its thick so it has a lot less stretch and the inserts fit it funny but it is my fav cover other than wool to cover his goodmamas. So we still use it just not as an ai2

The grovia I love the Velcro design. Love the soft elastic on his legs. And mesh lining so no pul touches skin love the soakers are one size so lowers your investment and they are in two layers so they dry quicker and I love the materials in the grovia as well I also love that the covers don't have the double gusset( it's a double gusset system but one of the gussets is on the soaker) this way it is a trimmer fit to baby making it excellent for padfolded flats.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
TyraTooters
Registered Users

Can you reuse the shells on the GroVia without having to wash between uses?
TyraTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
March
Registered Users
seller

Yes! Especially if you use the GroVia soaker pads; they have a waterproof backing to protect the mesh that lines the shell. And they hold up a lot better if you DON'T wash them after each use.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Same concept VERY different fit and very different snap in inserts.

Grovia - one size insert, mesh inside
BB - inserts for every size, PUL inside, cut wider
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote