Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
rmorrow
Registered Users
seller

traveling while cd

My family and I will be traveling for around 3 weeks in December, staying some of the time in hotels and some with friends and family. Has anyone done this while cloth diapering, or should I just plan on using sposies the whole time? If I can cd, what is the best travel routine? Tia!

Advertisement

rmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
We have been gone several times for over two weeks while using cloth, it turned out fine. Staying with family who have washers is the easiest. While in hotels we would just find a laundromat when things got desperate, and that was very rare. We packed enough diapers for three days without laundry, and tried to pick things that could be washed and dried quickly like flats, prefolds and pockets. We had three wet bags: a small for short errands, a medium for day trips, and a large to keep in the hotel or car.

Last edited by Palooka; 11-02-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: traveling while cd

While I have only traveled for a week with cloth my husband would not be happy if I suggested the expense of sposies when we already have plenty of cloth. I would suggest doing flats with plenty of wet bags to put them into. Then wash every 3 days.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally loved using cloth while on vacation. I did leave my fitteds at home in case they couldn't be washed right away. I used prefolds and covers, had a large bag I kept in the car for dirties and washed every few days. It worked out fine... we're already so used to using cloth that it was just normal, yk.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cloth is a great idea if you can figure it out. Not sure what cloth you use.... but if you have covers and you don't feel you can go full cloth consider Disposable inserts eg from gDiapers, BG Flip inserts, or Grovia Biosoakers. Less waste and and you still have the great fit using your cloth covers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
emerc01
Registered Users
seller

I always just went with disposables. It was enough to work out traveling with kids without having to deal with carting around stinky diapers and washing them.
emerc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm planning on going to Disney before baby's first birthday and hope to CD the entire trip. I will have Grovia biosoakers just in case I change my mind but CD is my plan
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
flylady0505
Registered Users
seller

Get your self some earth friendly sposies and call it a day trust me you will enjoy your trip much better
flylady0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
lucy_in_the_sky
Registered Users
seller

We ended up using sposies as we were traveling back and forth (out of town during the week and home on weekends). It was just too much- hauling dirty diapers back and forth, sometimes wash was delayed...ugh! But I'm sure you could make it work if you had laundry nearby and used something easy-care like flats and covers!
lucy_in_the_sky is offline   Reply With Quote