Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #51
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: maggie gyllenhaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean3 View Post
I never said that women nursing in public was not on the list of things they are to respect. They are taught, in general, to respect other people. However, this is MUCH easier to teach if the nursing mother is at least attempting to be discreet. It is respectful for a woman to use some discretion, and it is respectful for my family not to draw undue attention to the fact that they are NIP. Common sense. They are feeding their kid...period...I don't care if it is with a bottle or a breast. I would prefer my kids not to be flashed with the entire breast during the process. Again, you can access the nipple without exposing the entire upper torso in the process.

You do what you want...I will do what I want. I'm not on any crusade, and I don't insist people think like me. I also am not going to be devastated, heartbroken, or feel like a failure if I cannot nurse this baby. As long as I feed him, I'm happy.

why not....it's just "extra skin"????

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymom View Post

Advertisement

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #52
bean3
Registered Users
seller

They are taught to respect the human body and respect other people as well; I find it disrespectful for nursing mothers to push the fact that it is their RIGHT to NIP into everyone else's face. If the primary concern was to feed the child, then where is the "show"? Nursing in public with the entire breast exposed is often unnecessary to get the job done. I am about getting the job done, not making a statement of my right to do it while I'm at it. I'm just trying to feed my kid.

I consider a little discretion to be a nice middle ground. I don't have to be fully exposed to get the job done, so I won't.
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #53
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
This was my point. Why do people have to be discreet when nursing if they're OK with showing their OWN skin? If you don't like it, too bad. Women don't cover up in other countries most of the time because breastfeeding IS NOT A SEXUAL ISSUE. Unfortunately, our society has oversexualized the femal body, AND has not been accepting of BFing in public which causes people to feel uncomfortable with an almost bare breast showing if there is a baby attached to it. It's doesn't have to be like that at all. If she were sitting in the park with her boob hanging out for no reason at all, then I'd be bothered. But she's feeding her baby. What you should teach your children, along with modesty, is respect for the human body. Teach them that seeing a bare breast with a baby attached doesn't have to be sexual in nature. They're useful for more than one thing.

On the longies... they don't really look like longies to me. They look like striped tights for under a dress.

can you imagine that now that would be something to get tifted about

Old 05-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #54
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

also, even nursing shirts "expose" the breast therefore it is not always easy to nurse "discreetly". i'll be darned if i cover up my child's head w/ a blanket or anything else. i had a nurse cover my newborn son's head while he was nursing and i got her fired.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #55
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw View Post
i'm the one that said it was hypocritical b/c she was saying that in her house boobs are just "extra skin" but that she thinks they should be covered up b/c she's teaching her children to be respectful and discreet. i think when you're teaching your children to be respectful of their bodies that you should teach them respect for a bfing mom whether she's feeding at hom or NIP HOWEVER b/c they're doing what the respected human body is made for. respect goes past the human body and onto other people......

i'm tired and i don't know if that made sense or not...hopefully it did
I totally get you mama! Yes!
Some people need to take a deep breathe and........relax. If its just extra skin then why take issue?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #56
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
They are taught to respect the human body and respect other people as well; I find it disrespectful for nursing mothers to push the fact that it is their RIGHT to NIP into everyone else's face. If the primary concern was to feed the child, then where is the "show"?
Well whatever but honestly we dont know that she didnt in fact cover up discreetly as soon as baby was latched anyway. This photo is only a glimpse of what could have taken place.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #57
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean3 View Post
They are taught to respect the human body and respect other people as well; I find it disrespectful for nursing mothers to push the fact that it is their RIGHT to NIP into everyone else's face. If the primary concern was to feed the child, then where is the "show"? Nursing in public with the entire breast exposed is often unnecessary to get the job done. I am about getting the job done, not making a statement of my right to do it while I'm at it. I'm just trying to feed my kid.

I consider a little discretion to be a nice middle ground. I don't have to be fully exposed to get the job done, so I won't.
unfortunately for you IT IS a right. I dont' try to make a statement while nursing...BUT my child does not and will not eat with a blanket on her head or in a bathroom just b/c they like the feeling of skin on their hands while nursing. ALSO if I wanted to just "get the job done" I'd give her a bottle of BM There is a diff. in getting the job done and NURSING your child. So for us it was going to the car that felt appropriate but I think it's about dang time people stop doing that. As a matter of fact we won't be doing it after this baby is born

Last edited by mommypatton521; 05-27-2007 at 05:25 PM.
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #58
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
also, even nursing shirts "expose" the breast therefore it is not always easy to nurse "discreetly". i'll be darned if i cover up my child's head w/ a blanket or anything else. i had a nurse cover my newborn son's head while he was nursing and i got her fired.

wtg
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #59
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ugh, I would have lost it if someone did that to me!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #60
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypatton521 View Post
unfortunately for you IT IS a right. I dont' try to make a statement while nursing...BUT my child does not and will not eat with a blanket on her head or in a bathroom just b/c they like the feeling of skin on their hands while nursing. ALSO if I wanted to just "get the job done" I'd give her a bottle of BM There is a diff. in getting the job done and NURSING your child. So for us it was going to the car that felt appropriate but I think it's about dang time people stop doing that. As a matter of fact we won't be doing it after this baby is born
no crap...i think it's way more than "getting the job done"......i thought that was just a wonderful way to put it