Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

Anyone use and like Biokleen Premium Plus powder?

And if so, what kind of washer and what's your wash routine?

I should have left well enough alone--I have an HE FL and was getting really good results by spraying my poopy diapers with Bac-Out before they went in the pail, then washing with 1 Tbs Biokleen Bleach and 2 Tbs Country Save (the recommended amount for an HE load). I have some staining, but accept that diapers aren't going to be perfectly bright and stain-free with the eco-friendly detergents. However, with this combo they smell super fresh and clean, no stink whatsoever.

Biokleen Premium powder is supposed to have both enzymes and oxygen bleach already added, so I was excited to try it thinking it would simplify my three products down to one. But my diapers are coming out 1) feeling as though they have detergent residue on them, even after an additional hot wash w/out detergent, and 2) they plain don't smell clean. I only used 1 Tbs b/c the packaging says it's super-concentrated and that's the recommended amount for an HE load.

Annoyed with myself for buying a bunch of the Biokleen on sale without testing it first. I guess I can use it up on our regular clothes but not crazy about the idea of the residue feeling on my regular stuff, either.

Advertisement

Last edited by BusyPAMommy; 11-03-2013 at 02:46 PM.
BusyPAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone use and like Biokleen Premium Plus powder?

I use the standard biokleen powder. I didn't get the ultra because I'd rather not use the oxygen bleach in every load and I never use it on my clothes so I wanted the option to add it (plus when I use it I add in the prerinse so it has lots of chance to wash out).

I have a FL and water softened water. I do a a warm soak with no spin as a prerinse. I do a long hot wash followed by an extra cold rinse. For a small load of diapers I use about a half scoop (small load, HE, and soft water).

I actually tried country save before trying biokleen powder and country save left too much soap reduce behind (took too many rinses to get out the bubbles - less detergent wasn't cleaning enough). I find that I barely see any suds while the laundry is washing but they still come out clean... I love it.

I'm annoyed that I bought 10 lbs of country save... you live anywhere near NH we can switch
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post

I'm annoyed that I bought 10 lbs of country save... you live anywhere near NH we can switch
South Central PA, too bad. You should seriously see if you can unload the Country Save locally....a 10 lb box lasts a really long time.

A good reminder, I guess, that what works laundry-wise depends so much on your water and your washer. We are moving in several months and will have the same water but a different washer so who knows, perhaps the Biokleen will be perfect there.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah. I made the mistake of buying a 6 pack of biokleen liquid 6 months before moving. I don't like it anymore and it's taking forever for me to go through it all. Now I have 3 detergents, 2 I'm just trying to get through (I've been in this house for more than 2 years and I still have 2.5 bottles of liquid detergent and I've given one away) I have 10lbs of the country save and the biokleen powder that I actually want to use. Sigh.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote