Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #21
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Thread for June Babies Nov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2makenzie View Post
Are any of you ladies vegetarian? I was not with either of my previous two pregnancies, but I am now. I will occasionally eat fish, so I guess that makes me a pescatarian but I hate all the labels; I eat what I eat. Just wondering if you saw any changes you had to make during your pregnancy? They tell you to increase your protein and hydrate when you're not feeling well, but as a vegetarian, we have to get our protein in alternate ways! I had a blurry vision spell after a workout today and it got me wondering!
Uh oh, that's not good! I will say that I have to drink absurd amounts of water these days to avoid migraines. I was vegetarian for eight years but now each fish and poultry, though probably less than your average carnivore. To be honest I don't know if I could survive pregnancy as a vegetarian (lack of quality protein in my diet drove me back to fish and poultry long ago). I would say to eat eggs for breakfast and lentils and rice for lunch or dinner every day if I were you! But especially since you're still chasing two other kiddos around and exercising often, your health and well-being take priority. Baby will leech its nutrients off of you ad infinitum, so it's really a matter of making sure that you feel healthy and strong.

Advertisement

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #22
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

I'm not a vegetarian... I would be in trouble if I was, probably, because I already have low iron issues! I got dizzy this morning because of it. :/ I'm breastfeeding too, so both of them together means I need to watch what I eat and drink!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
anniep78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2makenzie
Are any of you ladies vegetarian? I was not with either of my previous two pregnancies, but I am now. I will occasionally eat fish, so I guess that makes me a pescatarian but I hate all the labels; I eat what I eat. Just wondering if you saw any changes you had to make during your pregnancy? They tell you to increase your protein and hydrate when you're not feeling well, but as a vegetarian, we have to get our protein in alternate ways! I had a blurry vision spell after a workout today and it got me wondering!
I'm a vegetarian, I have been my entire life. This is my 6th pregnancy, I'm definitely trying to up my protein we eat lots of beans, eggs, cheese, Greek yogurt and a small amount of soy.

I think blurry vision could also be from hormonal changes, it seems like I remember reading that.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #24
anniep78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How was everyone's weekend? Ours was good, we stayed home a all day Saturday, Sunday went to church, out to eat Mexican food and grocery shopping.

What do you need most for your newbie? Everything! I got rid of it all after my last.

What do you want most for newbie? I'd love a new beco and maybe a moby
Old 11-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #25
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the input ladies! I've been feeling "off" the last two days so hopefully I get it together here soon! LOL I'm hadn't been eating many beans/legumes lately but I am having a terrible aversion to my daily salad so I am going to have to start eating more beans simply for the protein. Have you ever heard of a vegetarian that can't eat salads?! GASP! It's rocking my world!

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

So who has had appointments recently? I still haven't had one, but I'm going to meet with a midwife this friday.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #27
sarahtee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622
So who has had appointments recently? I still haven't had one, but I'm going to meet with a midwife this friday.
My first midwife appt is tomorrow

I am hoping to hear the hb but at 9.5w I'm not counting on it
sarahtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #28
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622 View Post
My second appt is next wed the 20th. I'll be almost 12 weeks. I'm hoping we can hear the heartbeat as well.

I really really hope I'm feeling better by then. So So So SO sick of this nausea
Old 11-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #29
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have an OB appointment on Friday the 15th

I'm looking forward to talking to my dr a bit.

I have been working really hard to eat enough protein and take all my vitamins and get rest but it's hard with full time work being a student and raising 3 kids on my own my DP is away at school this year.

I am really looking forward to finding out gender so I can shop and plan.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #30
Emmalily
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had my first appointment today. Loved my midwife and so did DH!! So surprise surprise instead of being a little over 10 weeks, measurements say I'm 12 weeks. I'm shocked! That puts me at the end of May but if you ladies will still have me, I'd like to stay in our DDC